Home Titles and the theft thereof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have my credit froze and even I cannot obtain a loan until I "unlock" my files. Besides that, if stealing a home with a Quit Claim deed was so prevalent, would any sensible company issue a policy?
And then there are the letters I get from OGE telling me that I really should pay some company $xx per month to provide coverage inside my home should anything electrical go wrong.
I've never had nay "inside" electrical problem and if I did, I can do the work myself! It's all a racket designed to part you and your money.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of county clerks are computerized and have online access but you are correct, it varies widely.

This title lock thing is just an insurance policy in all reality.
That was my thinking. It goes nowhere near the claims of helping to restore their clients to whole again like the SS number sites do.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just visited the Oklahoma County Clerk's website. I saw nowhere to check any title online.
The easiest way to check might be to just search for your name as grantor. Or get your parcel description and search for anything indexed against it after you acquired it-ie deeds, mortgages etc.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see this as mostly a money grab by the 'monitors'. I'm not a lawyer, but it seems like in the very unlikely scenario of someone fraudulently forging your name to convey or mortgage your property, it would be relatively straightforward to prove it was fraud. It might be less than fun to get it straightened out, but I'm going to keep the monitoring money and fight the battle in the unlikely event it happens to me.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just visited the Oklahoma County Clerk's website. I saw nowhere to check any title online.

The easiest way to check might be to just search for your name as grantor. Or get your parcel description and search for anything indexed against it after you acquired it-ie deeds, mortgages etc.
@trekok is correct. You can search several ways. It's been quite awhile but I think you used to have to setup an account to download documents. It's free and the documents aren't "official" they'll have a watermark, so they can't be filed, but you could grab them and read them.

ETA: After hiiting that link you need to hit the ROD Search tab. That's Register of Deeds...

https://www.okcc.online/#

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This whole thing is a scam BS story. Hell it's hard enough for an owner to sell off property. I know. Aint no one gonna file a 1 page document against my deed without bells and whistles going off.
It's all a lie

Latest posts

Top Bottom