Honobia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pro2ndammendment

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to rifle hunt this year for the first time in 5 years. Anyone ever hunt at Honobia Creek? What are the odds of running into a pig there too? Just how crowded can I expect it to be? Any info. would be appreciated.

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I camp down at Hanobia Creek 2 times a year for the last 9-10 years. I have seen lots of deer, turkey, coyotes, rabbits, and cattle but have never seen a hog. I have seen signs of hogs but have never seen one, wasn't really looking hard either.

As for deer hunters, yeah there is alot of them on the opening weekends. Make sure you read the regs and have a land access permit.

Hub

fltmedic

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The chances are good for running into a pig but r00s7a is right alot of it is grown up. Opening weekend will more than likely ahve several hunters out and about but if you get away from the roads and the people your chances go up to harvest a big deer. Be prepared to log the leg work in finding a spot and rember its hilly down there.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
there is a alot of pigs around honobia creek. i was raised north of there. we always saw hogs when i was a kid. but since they started charing so much for the land access permits and that other bunch wanting to charge around 1500 per gun per year i don't hunt it anymore. wish werhouser still owned it.we used to hunt blackfork creek and always killed deer,hogs,and turkeys.we would rabbit hunt the clear cuts after deer season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom