Hornady 168s vs Sierra 168s in 30 cal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I shoot the hornady in a 308. There was no significant difference in the accuracy so I couldn't justify paying more for the sierra when there was no added benefit.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The real question is why are you suffering the inferior ballistics of the 168 gr 30 cal bullets? Try some 175s or even the 155gr lapua scenar. :D

I am trying to come up with an accurate load for my 1903A4 clone. Most people that I talk to that shoot matches with them seem to use the 168s, and I had some of those. I would much prefer to shoot 155s but I don't have the money or time to try a half dozen different combinations, so I am hoping to get an accurate load from the 168s. I am now almost out of the Sierras though.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
338LM can be packed with match heads and shoot great - doesn't mean you found "the load" with the ladder method :P

My point is - great rifles are hard to make shoot bad with any load; crap rifles (like worn GI ones) magnify load accuracy tenfold.

Latest posts

Top Bottom