Hornady L-N-L

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I am going to get the single stage so I can really get back into the basics of reloading. I just ordered the Lock N Load Auto Charge (found a smoking deal), which I am hoping will save me the headache I had with my old lee auto powder drop. I will probably look into the AP later on but for now money is tight and with my cabelas gift card I got for Christmas this will at least get me started again.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Single stage presses are fine for the basics, but turret presses are much nicer for not too much more money. Lee is cheapest and Redding is, I think, the most expensive. I like the Lyman T-mag presses and have two of them, along with about ten turrets. Redding has seven place turrets.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even when I had my lee turret I still didn't do any major loading. I load what I need for my range time and stop. Right now I am only going to load 9mm since I just started shooting .223 again and components are non existent. So I really will only load 100-300 at a time and my range trips have weeks between them so there is no real rush.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I am going to get the single stage so I can really get back into the basics of reloading. I just ordered the Lock N Load Auto Charge (found a smoking deal), which I am hoping will save me the headache I had with my old lee auto powder drop. I will probably look into the AP later on but for now money is tight and with my cabelas gift card I got for Christmas this will at least get me started again.

ok I too am in the market for a press and am curious, you stated that you had trouble with the lee auto powder drop, what issues? and you said you found a smokin deal on the LNL care to share? thanks

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started reloading with a Lyman t mag turret press. I quickly realized the slight speed I gained was not worth the compromise in accuracy in my rifle rounds. If you are only planning on reloading pistol ammunition this isn't a problem. I gave my Lyman away and purchased the AP and single stage. It wasn't long before my friend gave the press away and got the same setup. I like your plan of starting with the single stage. It keeps things simple as you learn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom