How about some pics of your reloading space?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to build a basic table. I'm thinking 2x4 and some plywood. Anyone know of any plans to build one? Dimensions and such. I could wing it but I want to build it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to build a basic table. I'm thinking 2x4 and some plywood. Anyone know of any plans to build one? Dimensions and such. I could wing it but I want to build it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have built a couple, there is the one I posted on the first page that folds down and I also have this one I built, pm me if you have any questions, I'll gladly help you out.

This one I used 4x4 for legs but I made one for my fil that I used 2x4 and it turned out very nice

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The space is great to have, but you can do a lot with a little. Just stay organized and space efficient and you'll be just fine. I made a portable "lap" table for brass prep. I'll sit in front of the tv and do some of the less-precise work at my leisure. This makes large lots of ammo easier to load. I've personally found that cutting down on fatigue/boredom yields much better ammunition.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For a quick, down-and-dirty reloading surface, screw a 2x4 down the mid line of a 2x3 foot piece of 3/4 plywood. Lay the sheet on a workmate and clamp down on the 2x4. Not the sturdiest table in the world but it's portable and will get the job done. Add a comfortable chair and you're in business. When I first started I had a tabletop for a Lee turret press and another one for a single press.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Attached is a PDF plan of my reloading bench. Just put some plywood or MDF on the top and lower shelf. Very sturdy. Adjust dimensions as needed to fit your space. Got the little plastic drawer bins at wallyworld and have found them very useful. Threw another board on top of them to create a book shelf. Added a clamp-on light to the dillon to see the stations better. Maybe a little overkill on the 2x4's but I got them for free. By the time you put 10k assorted bullets and brass on the lower shelf, among other things, I'm glad it is beefy.

View attachment ReloadBenchPlan.pdf

ReloadBench1.jpg ReloadBench2.jpg ReloadBench3.jpg

Not as clean anymore, and now has a single stage Hornady Classic press mounted to it too.

Last edited:

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'd be amazed that you can do it all with just a coffee table. I mounted the various components on wood so I can move and swap around. The wife isn't so happy but it works great while I'm working on clearing out another spot in the workshop next door.

Attachments

• 20160729_081945[1].jpg
    20160729_081945[1].jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 167

Latest posts

Top Bottom