How cheap will AR's get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. I like higher end rifles like POF. I have 3 of them. Accuracy is a must for me. I'm afraid I wouldn't enjoy a low end beater.
POF to me has never really been the most accurate Stoner type rifle. I think it is the weight of the piston assembly and the more violent action that causes it. My POF's are very reliable but my black rain and one colt from the 80's are my most pure accurate AR's shooting paper

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.brownells.com/firearms/r...eight-16-rifle-sku100022571-94244-190531.aspx

Capture.JPG

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Now we're talking! That $2500.00 price tag on the early ones was crazy.
I'd like to see some reliability tests on them though.

Same here. Youtube seems to have a few, but I haven't watched them yet, so I don't know what the results are. But the 9mm ARs from the early days ~8-10 years ago still had reliability issues even at $1500+.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. Youtube seems to have a few, but I haven't watched them yet, so I don't know what the results are. But the 9mm ARs from the early days ~8-10 years ago still had reliability issues even at $1500+.
LOL, the ones that bought the high end units will swear 100% reliability, but I've been to too many matches and watch them fail.
Could be reloads, could be mechanical issues, don't know, but I have seen the JP and others fail at times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom