How Congress Members Invest Their Money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess this guy was putting his investments into appliances.

Ex-Rep. Jefferson convicted of corruption
WIRE FRAUD
August 05, 2009|From Paul Courson CNN

Former U.S. Rep. William Jefferson of Louisiana was convicted Wednesday on 11 of the 16 corruption charges against him in a case that included the discovery of $90,000 in his freezer.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed no Dems listed invested in Goldman Sachs which is understandable since Goldman Sachs invest in the Dems.

I am impressed with this one. To bad she could not do it for the country.

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-mon...s-net-worth-rises-62-percent-?page=2#comments

Yes, I saw a separate article elsewhere that showed that statistically members of congress are much more successful than other investors with their investments.
They also routinely beat the market averages with their own investments.

I wonder how they do that? :igetit:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I saw a separate article elsewhere that showed that statistically members of congress are much more successful than other investors with their investments.
They also routinely beat the market averages with their own investments.

I wonder how they do that? :igetit:

Same way Hillary did, they cheat. :D

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't it funny that the Dims always demonize the huge corporations in public. But when looking at their investments you see that they are in reality cozied up quite snugly with big business, even big oil. And it's been my impression for years that they have always been friendly the monstrously huge banks. Now why is that? :rolleyes:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't it funny that the Dims always demonize the huge corporations in public. But when looking at their investments you see that they are in reality cozied up quite snugly with big business, even big oil. And it's been my impression for years that they have always been friendly the monstrously huge banks. Now why is that? :rolleyes:

Hey, what else is new? They constantly attack "Big Business" and then turn around and vote for funds to bail out those same "Big Business" interests. Anyone else notice that none of the TARP money and damn little (if any) of the Stimulus money went to the little guy? Duplicity in government.....alive and well in this administration since it is usually the Democrats who claim to be out for the little guy.

This is one of the reasons why I won't own a GM or Chrysler product. The taxpayer is unlikely to ever get back all of their investment from the bailouts to those two companies. Plus, those bailouts give GM and Chrysler an unfair advantage over Ford. So, when I hear about "incentives" offered to customers, I always figure that those are also coming out of my pocket. Same with any so-called longer warranty periods

Latest posts

Top Bottom