how long does 100 rounds last you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 20-30 minutes, sometimes less depending on what drills I'm working. I have the same pistol in 9mm and .45 acp so I use both to practice with. Using the 9mm really helps cut down on the cost.

One thing I've noticed at the range lately (in addition to jackass's pointing their muzzles all over the damn place) is how many people come in after I do, shoot more and leave earlier. They come in, spray all over the place like an alley cat, stuff their man sized targets in the garbage and leave.

One thing I do to deliberately slow down is to load my mags at the range. I sweep my brass every few magazines because I reload it and don't want to step on it, plus it slows me down. Also, I step outside after about 50 rounds to cool off and relax. That slows me down too.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I had a Browning HP I was shooting 100 rds at lunch time 5 days a week. Since ammo costs have risen I only shoot 100 rds about twice a week through my G17 or Kahr CW9.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoot!

When I get to the range, I'm having too much fun to count rounds and time.

Now, having said that, when I went to shoot my new .45, I went through 100 rounds in about an hour. Then again, I did a little shooting with my .40's as well. So, 100 rounds in say, 30 minutes.

(Longer if I keep dropping rounds on the floor.)

sparkstable

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
100 rounds of .40 or 9mm? about 20-30 min at the range. I only use 1-2 mags per gun and only load once I get to the range. Helps make that 15-30 dollars of lead last. But... like someone else said above... at the end of the day it still only takes me 100 trigger pulls, no matter how long I spend at the range.

Stupid ammo prices going up.... :(

Jholmes

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
100 rounds of 45 ACP will Usually last me about 45 minutes. I take one mag to the range and only load 5 at a time. I take my time shooting and reloading the mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom