How many licks does it take? Ask Mr. Owl aluminum 45acp case reloading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dozermonkey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please pardon my ignorance but , how are you depriming these. Like a Berdan ? Water and dowel ?
I have buckets of these and always assumed they were trash. I guess it's a good thing I like my range clean. Never mind I might be a hoarder ? Lol.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use steel case as much as I can for our local match. My back tells me not to pick up brass, but a magnet with an extendable handle from Harbor freight works great. I get some funny looks when I'm picking up my cases with a magnet.

The most I load is 4.5 grains of Titegroup with a 200 grain LSWC. I just keep loading it till they don't pass inspection and then they go in the trash.

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 30-06 military brass, LC match, that has been loaded/fired over 50 times, these are reduced loads and I use a
Redding bushing neck size die. Brass is dedicated to one gun and is annealed every 10/12 firings.

I shoot 45C and 45 ACP and 38sp that I have lost count on how many times it has been loaded/fired.
I log every time rifle brass is loaded. Pistol I use until the it fails then recycle it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom