How much is your AR weight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried these positions, it works but i felt the recoil more than the lean forward position. But it sure helped on the weight a lot, I'm sure this is not a tactical shooting position.
aaccurateshooter.net_Blog_usamustanding2x350.jpg

aaccurateshooter.net_Blog_usamustanding1x350.jpg

Thanks GTG for the info.

Are you doing dynamic style shooting or classic marksman style shooting? If the latter, jarhead983 gives good advice. It's not hard to get used to doing it with a rifle. The key to reducing fatigue is to properly balance the rifle. The majority of AR's as set up by their owners are too muzzle heavy. This will cause an 8# rifle to fatigue the shooter more than a 9# rifle that's properly balanced. Some of the traditional marksman style competition shooters will even have a lead ingot in the buttstock.

Hope this helps!

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried these positions, it works but i felt the recoil more than the lean forward position. But it sure helped on the weight a lot, I'm sure this is not a tactical shooting position.
aaccurateshooter.net_Blog_usamustanding2x350.jpg

aaccurateshooter.net_Blog_usamustanding1x350.jpg

Thanks GTG for the info.

Yes this is what I was refering to, but I was never comfortable with reversing my left hand as its pictured. I'm sure that this is just a photo op, but it shows a very important issue. Notice the cant on the bottom pic, be careful of this. I have fought this before and occasionally I catch myself sliding back into this. Anytime you have an elevated sight rather opticals or iron sights, you have to be aware of cant.

I have a left handed buddy of mine who just can't get used to it and he will consistently shoot 3" left at a 100yds with my rifle and who knows how far left at 300. All the while, I'm dead on. My son who is also left handed doesn't have a problem. I would say that he was more accurate than me, but, he maybe reading this, so I'll just say, he gets real lucky a lot of the time.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In contrast to the above pics for traditional marksmanship stance and grip, here is a modern advanced dynamic carbine stance and grip:

[Broken External Image]

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I weighed mine tonight with a sling without the magazine it weighs in at 15.2 pounds. 20" stainless barrel from WOA. I have a weight in the buttstock and one under the front grip. I will probably take the front weight out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom