how to build your own indoor grow light system for less than 40.00

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
Please, more info. A buddy just gave me a 4-foot light with T8 bulbs. What do I need?

I assume it's a 120-volt fixture and not a 277-volt.

On a 120-volt fixture go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy the new smaller tombstone sockets to replace those that are on it now. Buy two T-15 lamps and throw the T-8's away as they will be phased out soon. Get the T-15's listed for a bathroom as these will have a "colder" shade of light (bluer) than a "warmer" shade of light (redder). Make sure the ballast works. The fixture can be attached as any lighting fixture or attach a cord whip (minimum 14 AWG wire).

if it's a 277-volt fixture -throw it in the recycling bin and buy a new one.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I assume it's a 120-volt fixture and not a 277-volt.

On a 120-volt fixture go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy the new smaller tombstone sockets to replace those that are on it now. Buy two T-15 lamps and throw the T-8's away as they will be phased out soon. Get the T-15's listed for a bathroom as these will have a "colder" shade of light (bluer) than a "warmer" shade of light (redder). Make sure the ballast works. The fixture can be attached as any lighting fixture or attach a cord whip (minimum 14 AWG wire).

if it's a 277-volt fixture -throw it in the recycling bin and buy a new one.

Thanks!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those property room auctions can yield some nice equipment for cheap, too. Just clean it ASAP because any pre-existing residue can and will be used against you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom