How to deal with a Divorce and kids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if $1,700.- is okay.

But what I know is that you have to be patient. Wait and see what happens with her taking pills and not being able taking care of the kids.
If so, call CPS. Call them once, twice, whenever it appears she might not be able to supervise the kids.
When the kids are older they can decide where they wanna live.

Tell them the truth, but word it so they can understand. Cut out the cheating part.
Just say that there was a time where mommy and daddy were in love and lived together and that this time is not there anymore.
You know what I mean... I cannot word it exactly how I would like to (Sorry for my english).

It also depends on where she lives. Make sure you put everything in the divorce paper, like school related stuff, doctor and medication, visitation holidays, etc.

With that in writing she cannot tell you "no, not today... maybe next week" blah blah blah... Or put the kids on medication like she wants to (for whatever reason), switching schools and try to break you apart from your kids.

The thing you have to look for is called parental alienation syndrome!
Make sure you get as much in writing as possible!

BTDT... my ex. wife is evil and I'm not kidding!

Oh wow. Sorry man. I hope I dont have to go through that.

J

JJEH

Oh wow. Sorry man. I hope I dont have to go through that.

Don't be sorry, it was my fault.

Bottom line of my advise: Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!

We are in OKC this weekend. If you wanna hang out for a Soda or so with me and my wife and get some more advise (she's divorced too), let me know.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been married almost 10 years. Met my wife in 2001 and were married in 2002. She had a small 14 mo old girl. Two years later we had our own boy. Tonight I found out that she has cheated on me and she has been talking to this guy for a little bit. I love my son and daughter but I know that once this happens, I will have no rights to her. How do I deal with this? I never imagined myself not being able to say goodnight to my son and daughter every night and now this is upon me and I don't know how to handle it. Everything seems so messed up and confusing right now. So many emotions, Im scared, I feel like I cant breath. If some of you here have gone thru this, how do I deal with this?

Ray, if you really are DONE, then $1,700 is dirt cheap! Don't let it ride or you and the daughter both stand a good chance at losing your relationship. Protect your rights brother; get the show on the road. I feel your pain; hope all works out for you and wil be praying for you and the kids.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the bad news. I would suggest the lawyer approach ASAP like you have done so, because if she files first you are behind the 8-ball.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This type of thing seems to be going around... way too prevalent.

First, I'm sorry and I feel everything you do. I've gone through a similar and worse situation over the course of the last two and a half years with her leaving, coming back and then leaving again and all the time acting foolish, hateful, manipulative, and going to extreme measures just to attempt to have control over the kids.

This last time... Okie98 gave me some real clarity with just a couple of sentences. He said to not look back on her, she's made her choice. Also to keep in mind that your kids will remember every moment you share with them and to make the best of those moments. Thanks Al, I still hear those words from you in my head and they help.

It's still hard to not get caught up on all of the drama that she may create and to not let your emotions get the best of you, but your kids will need you now more than ever to be a pillar for them even when you're not with them all of the time. Trust in God to be your pillar too and to give you the strength you need to stand tall and weather the storm. It will get better eventually.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wow this is a bad memory for me, your situation is almost carbon copy to what mine was 4 years ago. My wife cheated on me, and then cheated on her boyfriend with another guy and so on and so on. Anyway I thought I'd lose my kids for sure but after proving what happened in court I have full custody of my children and I call the shots. But she was being a 100% bad person at the time, this may not be the case with your wife, if she is still a good mother you need to try and have some shared custody. It was better for my children to not ever see her again.

If you can forgive her that's better but if not don't think you immediately lose your children, the courts have changed and men are always the bad guy anymore.

It's rare for me to give this advice out on a public forum but I would suggest praying about this and seeing what the good Lord will give you for advice, plans are plans and things are sometimes easier when he guides them.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Get a good atty and take every class DHS has to offer. Save every duragatory email and text from her. Also fight any urge to tell her anything (ie. I've got pictures of you with him, I'm fighting for full custody). Ask for everything and it will get negotiated down. If you start with 1/2 of everything you will get less than that. Take your guns and have a friend hold them (DHS is a Govt agency and will use these against you), delete Facebook and any other social networks. Being guys pics on those are usually us shooting or drinking and that makes you look unstable. Good Luck L.J.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some Good advice so far...remember ...Be Calm, Be Cool , and be Quiet.....Until its time, your prepared.
Then let loose the Dogs of Divorce, Fight for the Kiddos ,sounds like they Need You.
Unfit Mother will give you the leverage you need, Dont leave them in a house with a drug addict.
This is for the Kiddos.
Married 6 times ...Divorced 2...that will give you something to think, if not laugh about.
I got custody of my Kiddos, she paid child spport.
Its not easy but its doable...and Ill 2nd the vote to Pray for the strength to do ..Whats Right.
Good Luck and Ill be Praying for Ya

Latest posts

Top Bottom