1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

how to set up trust?

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by climbtothebeet, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Surveyor1653

Surveyor1653 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You fill out an Assignment document assigning the item to the trust, then update the Exhibit 1 document of the trust, which lists the property held by the trust.

2. indi

indi Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  3. Relentless

Relentless Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have the file from DIY Documents

4. BrettJ

BrettJ Not A Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Sooner State Pawn will setup your trust for free if you purchase from them. That's what I just did... Simple process, the guys and gals there are great.

5. 120 Acres

120 Acres Sharpshooter

Is it a one-trip does it all? Or go there, fill out paperwork, go back after attorney and sign papers, then buy your item or what?

I mean, can I go there on a Saturday and get it done and make the purchase, then the wait for clearance?

6. climbtothebeet

climbtothebeet Sharpshooter

Ive been reading that trusts done by lawyers are better, but no real explanation as to why. Will the gun shop version allow multiple trustees, or adding beneficiary's that are under age to be held until of age, etc?

7. indi

indi Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I havent went through their process. They told me their lawyer would contact you and get the information he needs to make the trust. I know you have to get it notarized, not sure if they have a notary, or the lawyer might be the notary. I spoke with Kevin about it, i believe hes the owners son who handles the NFA stuff. I bought an sbr from them but i already had a trust from Major Malfunction.

8. vooduchikn

vooduchikn Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    +1 for Winton Law and for having someone who actually is a lawyer draft your legal documents.