How to Use Speed Strips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, here you go, Tuff Products. I have several sets of these, and they are top quality!!

https://www.tuffproducts.com/home.php?cat=265

~snip picture~

I just ordered some Tuff quick strips for my 627 and a carrying case for them yesterday from Midway. I understand that they will be here Monday, so I'll let you all know how they work.
Currently, I am using the Bianchi Speedstrips and carrying them in a cell-phone holder on my belt, but that is not too satisfactory.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, some Tuff Products Quick-Strips that I ordered from Midway came in, and I gave them a test inside my house, as it is just too miserably hot to do anything outside.
With a lot of practice, I think that these can be even faster than the Max-fire 8-round pull through speed-loader, which is the only other kind of speed-loading device that is readily availble for this gun. The strips seem to hold the rounds in place surprisingly well. I know this because I accidentally dropped them on the floor from waist height, and none of the rounds were dislodged. I even threw the loaded Quick-Strip on my mattress full-force and all of the rounds still stayed in place.
I timed myself and it took about 13 seconds from the time I opened the cylinder on my 627 until I closed it again, with all eight chambers loaded. This is not too bad and with practice I am sure that I can shave a few seconds off of this time.
One very major disadvantage was that you have to watch what you are doing when you load the cylinder, which means that you have to take your eyes off of your adversaary if you reload during a fight. This might be overcome a bit with practice, but it is some thing that users need to be aware of.
Thanks to these Quick-Strips, I might end up carrying my 627 a lot more.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just found out a little while ago from a gentlman on KSCCW.com that there is a firm that makes speedloaders for the 8-shot S&W Model 327 and 627.
Here is a link.

http://www.5starfirearms.com/357_n.html

Also check out Thunder Ranch. Their own type is available there.

ETA The Thunder Ranch loaders are a lot more expensive than the 5star items.

Latest posts

Top Bottom