How's Texoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend and I have been considering a guided striper trip on Texoma.

I heard recently that the lake is very low, and am wondering if the guides are able to launch.

Haven't done one of these in several years,and if you have any recommendations for guides, I would like to have them.

Also, if there are any other lakes with guides who specialize in hybrids closer than Texoma, that would be something to consider too.

Thanks for looking at this. Not urgent, looking at maybe mid-late May.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crosswinds moved off Konawa, Skiatook, and Sooner and is now out of Catfish Bay on Texoma. Hawkers guide service still fishes Skiatook and Sooner.
Texoma is low but business as usual for most guides. Some have had to make changes to the routine. Bluewater guide service, Crosswinds guide service are both out of Catfish Bay on Texoma and are great guides.
Captain Jon's guide service is out of Alberta Creek (IIRC) and his son is a member here. Jhoppis. They used to fish out of Soldier Creek (IIRC) they did a great job as well.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Texoma is VERY low and has been for a year.

It is low, but most of the guides are operating as usual. Some ramps and some marinas are closed due to low water, however many are open for business. OP don't let the low water scare you away from Texoma. The guides still know where to find the fish and know where they can unload the boat.

John64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lake Texoma, Denison Dam, normal elevation is 615.00

Current Readings:
•Pool elevation is 608.62 feet on Sunday 13Apr14 Time: 1700 hours.
•At this elevation the total amount of water stored in Lake Texoma, Denison Dam is 1964021 acre-feet.
•Reservoir release is 30 cubic feet per second on Friday 11Apr14 Time: 2400 hours.
•Conservation pool is 69.20% full.(based on seasonal pool). And 62.37% full (based on normal conservation pool).

Latest posts

Top Bottom