Hummingbird 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this guy sits here instead of going back to trees or whatever in between drinks. They do this every year. He is 6 ft from one of my feeders that is mounted on my window and about the same from my face in my home office. He sits there till he wants another drink or has to defend his area which is common.

Attachments

• hummingbird sitting.jpg
    hummingbird sitting.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 0

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lost my first hummingbird today ever after many years. 😢 I didn't witness, but assuming she hit picture window.
as feisty as they are right now she could have been murdered by another or her species the why they swoop and attack at each other to guard the feeder.
No real evidence of foul play though. lol
- seriously I know there is stuff on internet that they will attack and stab, but in all my years can't prove that. maybe someone else has?
hummingbird aug.jpg

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve seen them wrestle all the way to the ground. To the point that dust was flying. They can be pretty aggressive for such little things
So have I. I watched one down an opponent and fly off. I thought the user was dead, but after 20 seconds or so he got up, shook himself and flew off.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
They are loading up to start the migration in the next month. The back yard is busy all day. You can see a couple go by in the sky above too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom