Hummingbird 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would seem if you have not seen one by now and you have visual of the feeder mornings and evenings and throughout day and know they are not coming, something is wrong, the set up or no birds- I am not sure. That said by this time you would have thought you would have seen one. And the obvious thing, if the juice is never going down, they aren't there.
There are a few days I dont see any, but not often. Some times they dont stay long so you do have to have it located where you can see them.
It would be a pain/frustrating to keep fresh juice for the season with no birds coming for sure. I am not an expert, but I would guess there are locations they don't like for some reason in addition to the position of feeder itself that may be an issue.

I wish I could send you some of the little guys. :-)

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
We put a couple of feeders out in the front of the house every year. I've seen 5-6 at a time on occasion.
Only caught a couple of Ruby Throated birds so far this year.

This was a couple of years ago, finally got the wife to quit buying the crap with the dye in it and just make her own.

gunnut918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn’t say how many that are here. My feeder holds two cups and I fill it every day and a half now. The middle of July through August it will be daily. I have both red and yellow honeysuckle bordering my yard. Thinking that helps with numbers.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I woke up to the storm warning sirens in Tulsa last night, I went out to my favorite tree to have a good look at the sky. It was just breezy with a light smattering of rain. As I'm tcb, the wind suddenly came alive and wacked me in the face hard with a branch. Then as I start turning in circles to avoid what the sudden hurricane is doing to my stream.......something suddenly stung my chest.
I looked down expecting to find a twig had stabbed me in the wind, but realize something Is clinging to my shirt for dear life. I instinctively brushed it off before realizing it was a hummingbird. The wind snatched it, and it's probably somewhere in Texas by now I imagine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom