Hummingbird 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Keep your food fresh. Biggest key I’ve seen to attract and keep them around.
We had the dominance swooping of males a couple hours ago. One will do a big pendulum swing over another male for 10-20 swoops.
I only have one female that I have identified so far. Looks like the boys are turf fighting.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took this picture with cell phone through window. Not the best picture. Set out feeders yesterday and today have had two males and one female show up.
I have a feeder on my window where I work every day. Really like that. Recommend a window mount to anyone that loves watching these birds, especially if you are by the window a lot. hummingbird.jpg

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to look for something like that. I have had many different feeders out over the years but very frustrated to not see any hummingbirds. None of the feeders have been located in places easily seen from inside the house.

I was finally outside at the right time and saw one at the feeder early evening yesterday.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been seen some hummingbird for a couple weeks so wife just put out the feeder today. Have probably 5 or 6 jsut this afternoon feeding on the juice. Super cool little suckers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom