Hummingbird 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I set feeders out today, but still have not had any hummers yet this year. Normally the first ones appear on or before April 15th.

This got me wondering what affects when hummingbirds decide to migrate north.

Here is an interesting article addressing the migration of hummingbirds.

https://www.thespruce.com/when-is-hummingbird-migration-386451

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still have the lone male. I need some girls around to keep him busy. Thought a saw a female buzz the feeder Sunday but couldn’t tell for sure.
At least you still have one. The one I had came to the feeder 2 times that I saw on 4/3/23 doesn’t appear to still be around. I haven’t seen anything since that day.

Edited for incomplete sentence.

Last edited:

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Set two feeders out today and had a single male show up a few minutes ago as the rain was letting up. He didn't feed very long and flew off. First one for the season.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took this picture with cell phone through window. Not the best picture. Set out feeders yesterday and today have had two males and one female show up.

Attachments

• hummer.jpg
    hummer.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 0

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw one has he did a flyby on the front porch about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Didn't see one again until today. He was snooping around the front window so I filled up a feeder and put it out. Wasn't more than a minute before 2 of them were fighting over the goodies. We only saw 2 or 3 at a time last year. I'm hoping for more this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom