Hunk of Walnut?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wanting to build a new forend for my super 14 .223 contender. The one I have, also a product by me, works but I am wanting more length and a different shape. So I would like to find a piece of walnut roughly 2" x 2" x 12 in chickasha/duncan/okc/norman areas

And also where to find a 7/8 round nose router bit....or some one that has one that would be willing to route me a barrel channel :D

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a bunch of lyptus wood that is 1 3/4" thick by varying lengths and widths, some mahogany that is 1 3/4"x4"x 10' if that would work for you and red oak that would work. Very hard to find 8/4 in walnut. It's out there, but hard to find.

Lyptus is very similar to mahogany but straighter and stronger.

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a bunch of black walnut that is split for burning in a fireplace that we have been using this year, if you would like a couple of pieces to make yoour parts you are welcome to come get a couple of pieces.

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go somewhere where they have stacks of used pallets and shipping crates....examine all for wood types. You will find lots of oak...some maple..birch..cottonwood...mystery-wood...and walnut!!

No kidding...I've busted-up several pallets and crates and salvaged quite a bit of walnut from 1x4 to 4x4

I guess furniture makers or wood suppliers...whoever makes pallets use whatever leftover hardwoods wood for constructing pallets and skids for crates. I've retrieved entire pallets where all the planks were walnut....and several machine-parts boxs that had 4x4 walnut 'skids'...comes in handy for repairing gunstocks and making cool stuff.

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a piece that is 12"x12"x2" you can have, however I am in Enid.
Might be around OKC Feb 8th for the Thunder game if you can wait.
It is cabinet grade. I have a buddy that works in a custom door shop.

I was going to build the same thing, but never got around to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom