Hunter harassment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Came across some NM ones now where these ranchers that lease the land are harassing hunters.

Little known fact is that all State Land in NM is able to be accessed by the public. They can NOT keep people from using it. They can’t even block road access, the ranchers only lease the grazing rights. My dad had an issue with this in Union County and Colfax County during bear season. The game warden was even unaware of that law and she ended up cutting a lot of locks off gates that year. There’s a lot of private owned land in NM that may have a spot of state land right in the middle of all of it and that is for public use as long as there is a road. Heck I think even if there isn’t a road it’s free game as long as you hike to it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a quarter in one place with 22 acres of woods in the middle of a section of agriculture land.
The neighbor to the west has been on their land since the land run and are decent people but, their only son went to some east coast college years ago paid for with them running a dairy all of their lives.
The year he came home from college he decided he didn't like me hunting.
He would drive around the section honking his horn and blowing some whistle all morning until I left for a lunch break.
The deer didn't really care LOL.
Never met the kid and it stopped after one season.
On a controlled hunt at Salt Plains in the 90's we were warned there were anti hunting groups that might follow us and protest our hunt.
We never saw anyone and the hunt went on as planned.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s funny you posted this. YouTube algorithm brought this one to my feed and was gonna post it in a separate thread. Skip a little bit ahead to the good part. The farmer was a complete douche.

Where do these jerks get the idea they have the right to hunt/fish anywhere they choose? I know this was on the property line, but I have this problem all the time! I would make enough noise on my side of the property line, to be sure no ducks even came close, which would be as reasonable/legal as what they are doing!

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where do these jerks get the idea they have the right to hunt/fish anywhere they choose? I know this was on the property line, but I have this problem all the time! I would make enough noise on my side of the property line, to be sure no ducks even came close, which would be as reasonable/legal as what they are doing!
Your wrong. That’s hunter harassment and you too would be ticketed. These “jerks” as you claim got permission to hunt the field they were in by the land owner. Just because they were against the property line shooting into the property they had permission to hunt doesn’t mean they did anything wrong here. If anything they should be commended on how well they handled this asshat

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your wrong. That’s hunter harassment and you too would be ticketed. These “jerks” as you claim got permission to hunt the field they were in by the land owner. Just because they were against the property line shooting into the property they had permission to hunt doesn’t mean they did anything wrong here. If anything they should be commended on how well they handled this asshat
The asshat, as you call him has every right to do anything he chooses ON HIS LAND, RIGHT UP TO THE PROPERTY LINE! "Hunter harassment" my ass, there is no such crime, how about owner harassment? You wouldn't be so quick criticize if people came into YOUR YARD, caught fish you stocked, l killed wildlife on your property without permission, broke down your fences climbing them, left trash, endangered your livestock, etc.!!!! People like you, and these jerks, are the asshats here! Buy some land, work your ass off making payments on it, buy material and fence it, pay for equipment to build ponds, buy fish to stock it, then tell me again how you have a right to hunt, and fish on MY LAND, without my permission!

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The asshat, as you call him has every right to do anything he chooses ON HIS LAND, RIGHT UP TO THE PROPERTY LINE! "Hunter harassment" my ass, there is no such crime, how about owner harassment? You wouldn't be so quick criticize if people came into YOUR YARD, caught fish you stocked, l killed wildlife on your property without permission, broke down your fences climbing them, left trash, endangered your livestock, etc.!!!! People like you, and these jerks, are the asshats here! Buy some land, work your ass off making payments on it, buy material and fence it, pay for equipment to build ponds, buy fish to stock it, then tell me again how you have a right to hunt, and fish on MY LAND, without my permission!

You obviously didn’t watch the video lmao

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You must have watched a different video than i did cause they wasnt on the harassers property they was on someone else property they had permission to be on and they offered to let him shot with them using their blind to do it, and there wasnt a fence it was open ground with the property line marked by the 2 different farmers by where they had their crops planted.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell me your ignorant without telling me your ignorant.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s funny you posted this. YouTube algorithm brought this one to my feed and was gonna post it in a separate thread. Skip a little bit ahead to the good part. The farmer was a complete douche.

The infantile behavior of that antagonistic farmer is suggests a spoiled momma’s boy who inherited the land from his grandfather years after his father abandoned the family in abject disgust due to the way his wife was raising him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom