Hunter safety courses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amen Bobby Amen. This is why I teach Hunter Education, so I can mentor the next generation of our leaders thru the passion of hunting.

BobbyV - Are you interested in joining our OYHP ranks???

It might be something I'd look into . . . depending on the time commitment required.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oct 17-20/19. Thursday thru Sunday. You will need to submit an application, have an OSBI background check ( we pay for) and assist the OYHP Huntmasters. Send me a pm with your cell and we can discuss.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oct 17-20/19. Thursday thru Sunday. You will need to submit an application, have an OSBI background check ( we pay for) and assist the OYHP Huntmasters. Send me a pm with your cell and we can discuss.

I checked out the OYHP website . . . I'm not sure I can swing it this year, but I'll keep it in mind moving forward.

Thanks.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys I logged in to my account so I can sign up my little guy for a upcoming class. Do I have to create an account for him to register online? It let me register myself to attend but I don't see an option to register him.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tri-City Gun Club in Norman is having their annual Hunter Ed Clinic on Saturday Sept. 21 from 7:40 a.m. till 5:00 p.m.

The class is free, participants get to shoot guns and also have a free lunch.....parents or guardians are charged $6.00 for lunch.

Register on line at www.tcgc.us and I would also back it up with a call to Gaitha Milligan at 405-928-3146 who is heading up the event.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay so I have to say I took my son to one of these recently. I don't know if I can say it was a complete waste of time but he would have been better off doing the online course. That would have only cost him 4 hours of his time instead of a whole day. More than the first hour was spent with one warden helping a hand full of people get their accounts setup on their mobile devices while the other warden did nothing. They should have helped the people with account issues during the 1.5 hour lunch break they took. Also the class ran over 35 minutes. Not much was covered over the book it was mainly just one warden telling stories and going off script about whatever he felt like. I was so disappointed in how poorly it was ran.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Okay so I have to say I took my son to one of these recently. I don't know if I can say it was a complete waste of time but he would have been better off doing the online course. That would have only cost him 4 hours of his time instead of a whole day. More than the first hour was spent with one warden helping a hand full of people get their accounts setup on their mobile devices while the other warden did nothing. They should have helped the people with account issues during the 1.5 hour lunch break they took. Also the class ran over 35 minutes. Not much was covered over the book it was mainly just one warden telling stories and going off script about whatever he felt like. I was so disappointed in how poorly it was ran.

The folks giving the class can make or break it, that's too bad. They should be required to have evaluations at the end, and must achieve a certain score to keep teaching them. I've been to several with kids and family, most have been good but two of them were horrid, I felt bad for everyone there. One had a man teaching the MZ part, and while I applaud him for volunteering his time, he had a speech impediment that beyond being able to understand what he was saying. I knew the terminology and still couldn't make out what he was saying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom