• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Hunting Gear (Backpack, Tripod, Binoculars)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I am looking to pick up some hunting gear, specifically a high-quality backpack, tripod, and binoculars, clothing, anything else important

Potential brand ideas, open to others:
Mystery Ranch
Stone Glacier
Vortex
Leupold
First Lite
Sitka

If you have anything, please PM me, I have a rifle I can trade or can give cash for the right items.

Last edited:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
rj, these may not be what you're even after but I do have a tripod that's basically new and some B&L 10x42 with Redhead bino harness system. If you're in Blanchard, not that far away if you want to come by and see if what you're after( in Tuttle). Not quite the name brands you have listed but both do their job.

Good luck finding any First Lite/Sitka/Kuiu clothing - most wear until worn out or pass along to a family member seeing as how they had to sell a kidney to be able to afford! ;)
20221010_112210.jpg

Attachments

• 20221010_112528.jpg
    20221010_112528.jpg
    684.2 KB · Views: 0

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
rj, these may not be what you're even after but I do have a tripod that's basically new and some B&L 10x42 with Redhead bino harness system. If you're in Blanchard, not that far away if you want to come by and see if what you're after( in Tuttle). Not quite the name brands you have listed but both do their job.

Good luck finding any First Lite/Sitka/Kuiu clothing - most wear until worn out or pass along to a family member seeing as how they had to sell a kidney to be able to afford! ;)View attachment 309105
I was hoping somebody here had a whole set and then put on some weight and had to size up! (or down) and I could buy a whole set all at once.

I go to Tuttle all the time, I'd look at the binoculars to keep as a pair for when I bring somebody along. Any idea what you want for them? Trades or cash

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ebay has some listed for $80 up to $125 or so. They are in decent shape. Thinking maybe $50? Haven't used in several years since moving back from CO - have our own property now so no need to sit and glass plus won't be headed back to CO anytime soon.

Ammo is about the only thing I can think of for a trade unless you've got an inexpensive .38 spl that I could add $$ to with the binos. Need a pistol to keep loaded with snake shot.

I live close to the skating rink on Hwy37 and could meet most anytime at the Coal Creek Winery parking lot since I work from home.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Just my .02, I have my reservations about first lite clothing. I have a few items. They’re nice, well designed stuff, but after a years use they’re already fading/developing a few loose threads. Maybe this is just how they will stay, maybe they’ll further degrade. I dunno. I just seems like it’s about on par with most cabelas stuff. I do love their Bino pouch though, well worth the money. I don’t wanna sell it though.

A brand to consider in the tripod category would be hog saddle. Designed and owned by a Marine, they’re actually issued to lots of different Marine corps units now. I have their basic 0311G tripod, and it’s awesome. Pretty cheap too. I also have their hog saddle, and it’s great stuff too. I bet they both will last me the rest of my life.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
@OKRuss offered to let me borrow some gear for the muzzleloader season, so I'm not in as much of a hurry anymore.

@HoLeChit sorry to hear that about your First Lite gear. If you have anything in a size Large (or medium probably for some gear), I can help take it off your hands, even if you're not happy with the quality, it'll be better than what I have now.

Sirui Carbon Tripod - This is the tripod I have been eyeballing if I go retail.

Those Hog Saddle tripods look great for the range! A little heavy for the field and type of hunting I have done the past few years – 5.6lbs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom