Hydrographics!!! O yeah!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvDrecoil

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'll let Aaron field the process question but on my gun the finish feels super durable. I'm sure u can scratch it up but you would have to work at it. I believe it's cleared at the end with an automotive clear like what's on a car

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those who aren't familiar with the process. It's a pretty simple process, that is cost effective, and the results can be quite stunning! Durability is good, but it's not a hard use finish. Abrasion will wear through the finish quite quickly, as will sharp edges. You don't want to use it on areas that are exposed to high heat either. It's a very cool process that I think will really be something to keep an eye on as the technology continues to get better. There is a clear coat that is sprayed on at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bullet78

Well it seems sanjuro82 is the one that should be answering the questions since its such a easy process... And I'm sure as it's so easy that's why there is shops everywhere on each corner doing it and that's also why most people haven't even heard of it yet bcus it's so easy... And as for durability let's see scratches and abrasions will go right thru no highly doubt it with atleast 3 coats of a automotive clear coat, about the only way u can mess it up is if u miss treat ur gun or do not take care of your gun, u go throwing ur gun down rocks or driving over it truck then ya I wud say there wud be some durability issues with any kind of finish on any gun even straight from the factory...

B

Bullet78

as for the process the item gets a base coat, most patterns use basic colors some take specific base colors i have to use to get the patterns to look like they are suppose to, but also you can change the base colors and change the effect of the patterns, the patterns start out as a film on a roll, once you get the item prepped cleaned and base coated then you lay the film in a ss tank with water in it the film floats on the water, the water is kept at a certain degree then once you let the film set for the alotted amount of time i then shoot and activator on the film why its in the water which in turn turns the film to a liquid state and which i let set at another time alotted time then i have to dip the object at a certain degree angle of a angle and speed to get the object to cover correctly...and if not done correctly the pattern does not come out right or does not cover correctly then the process as to be done all over again as some people think it is easy trust me when i say its more complicated then most people think by just reading on the internet... and as for the finish as i quoted above i choose to use a durable clear coating from the automotive industry giving it alot more durability... and also as sanjuro82 quoted i do nit do barrels except for on shotguns and rifles bcus of high heat... So i hope i have kinda answered your questions there some other steps but my replies are pretty lengthy just highlighting the process lol lmao.. i will be posting some more pics soon.. bcus this process is not only regulated to guns... pretty much anything metal, plastic, glass or even bone can be dipped...
car and truck interior, european mounts, rims, boat interior, guns, ect ect... thanx for the interest and the question... bcus most people havent heard of this bout its nothing new think of anything camo you have bought over the years same process... bows, arrows, rests, shotguns, tackle boxes...this process has been around for awhile....

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol I wasn't attacking you my friend. Hydrographics is what it is, there no need to be so defensive about my comments. And yes I am familiar with the process, and it is a simple process compared to something like hard chrome. There is a market for it, as there is really nothing out there that can compete with hydrographics for a pure wow factor. Especially at a competitive price point. You can get a similar result if you pay an talented artist to spray (CeraKote, GunKote, etc..) a custom design, but you will spend 3x as much. You are paying for the time it takes to spray on a custom. With hydrographics, the patterns are all ready to go.

I think it's awesome what you are doing and the results are fantastic!

B

Bullet78

sorry if i came out wrong sometimes i dont say things just right and they come across wrong... but i was kinda poking back...lol but i do agree its not the same as a hard chrome or cerakote or gunkote... but like you said the price and also the patterns you cant get the same effect even with a artist and a air brush with cerakote or gunkote... lmao and thanx for the compliment sorry i poked back...lol

B

Bullet78

and K2 concepts is a great company one of the best in the industry i think he has been doing hydrographics for around 16years i think great guys and they also come up with alot of the new patterns...

Latest posts

Top Bottom