Hypothesis on how the U.S. Military would crush a domestic rebellion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So who gave the orders to disarm the public after Katrina? Were those not "real soldiers" going door-to-door (but only in the more affluent neighborhoods) and forcing people to surrender their arms at gunpoint? I don't have the faith you do, I'm afraid. And yes - my good friend is a Lt. Colonel, and my cousin's husband is a full-bird Colonel, who also works for the DHS in D.C. There are plenty that would defect before they'd follow or give orders like that, but I feel there are a whole lot more that would "do their job".

Th governor of the state of Louisiana and the states national guard. You want a ride off this roof give up your guns, thats what a friend of mine was told. Federal troops that were deployed did grunt work, observed and reported. A former co-worker of mine was Oklahoma guard that went to LA and was deputized in LA. His favorite activity was teasing the airborne units telling them he'd trade then their beret for a cartridge federal troops were not allowed to have ammo.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's true, but my point was that the generals shouldn't be overestimated. I don't know anybody who would've taken the general staff of the Union over the general staff of the Confederacy, yet the Union won, and won decisively.

And would you choose Grant over Lee? Grant's ideas in combat had a tendency to work out poorly for them Union boys...

Except that they took advantage of his (Union) strengths to grind down the Confederate Army...and they worked overall. He also didn't get discouraged easily and kept doggedly to his strategic goals. Grant was inferior, in many aspects, to Lee but not in one very important one - "seeing the strategic battlefield". He could see all of the moving parts - all of the armies in the field, all of the logistical moving parts, everything at once and orchestrate them to a grand strategic end. In that regard he was better than any general who took the field in the Civil War.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is your source for the 1600 killed during this action?

The internet and everyone knows only true stories can be posted on the internet. Actually, it was Wikipedia an unproven source. In re-reseaching, I found that their belongings were burned and 56 veterans were injured. My error but life is full of errors.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ignernt - didn't like my earlier post?
I didn't see this post when the thread was still active. [Thanks, John]
I just meant he shouldn't bother reading it. Lots of evidence of unfriendly Germans shopping in Lawton who won't explain themselves. Unfriendly Germans? Who ever even heard of such a thing?
You're idea that this has always been the norm at Lawton, at least since the creation of NATO, is something he just doesn't want to hear.
True or not, he doesn't want to read that stuff. That's what I meant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom