I did it! I FINALLY did it!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I FINALLY completed CLEET's Basic Instructor Development class. I've been wanting to do this for over 20 years! :faint:

The class was a week long. We learned basically how to prepare a lesson plan and present it to a class.

Lots of writing, lots of public speaking, lots and lots of critiques.

Now...next step for me is firearms instructor school. :rubhands:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did you do your final presentation on? If you are going to do Firearms instructor school heres a word of advice....practice.... a lot....now.

Well, the first day we did an impulsive 2 minute speech and a topic the instructor provided. Mine was toys.

Day three we did an 8 minute presentation. I basically did a detailed bio of myself and my duties at the college.

Day four we did our 20 minute presentations. I did mine on how Robert B. Parker has influenced me and literally taught me how to read.

We really had a good class. Not many of the presentations were LE related. One guy was a K9 handler and brought his dog in. One guy did his 20 on a 40mm grenade launcher. Another did one on drug interdiction, but for the most part, we had 20s about various subjects.

One guy did his on how to set up a travel trailer, another guy did his on blown insulation and we even had a guy show us how to prepare for deer hunting.

All in all, it was a hella tough class, but tons of fun!

And yes...I need to start practicing more for the firearms part. Luckily, I'm good friends with Rick Amos, CLEETs lead firearms instructor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom