I got to have some outdoor gun fun yesterday..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my friends had a hook up on a decent outdoor place to shoot for free. It is out on NW Expressway past Surrey Hills. I love the new trigger (Timney) that I put in the AR-15, it breaks very clean and makes it way too easy to shot the AR now. The bad is that I should of have sighted it in at H&H before hand as I spent alot of rounds trying to get it on target. Once it was though it was easy to hit the high-vis targets and also the swinging plate steel targets as well.

I brought my Savage 10FP .308 as well. It had already been sighted in at 30y so the 100y only took about 10 rounds to have it perfect. I was hitting the center of the high-vis targets with some really nice groupings and also hitting the 6" round x 1/2" thick plate with ease and punching holes right through it. Then I went after the 8" x 1" plate and was going almost 3/4 the way through it as well.

My final shot was this piece of 1/4" diamond plate. It was held on with a nail in the middle hole onto a piece of plywood. I hit it with one shot just to the left of the center hole and it disappeared. We found it while picking up the brass so I picked it up on the way out.

It was loads of fun, I wish I had the land to make my own private range after today...

Latest posts

Top Bottom