I hate all these out of state transplants!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Land is no longer mfg.
False

1690567159380.png

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Second hand info, 80 acres on top of kiamichi mountain sold for 1 million to a young Texas couple.

There's an idiot born every minute a lot of that land down there is so hard on the top of the mountain you can't even drill a water well at least not economically. I grew up down that way and there was / is a lot of folks who catch rain water and haul it in on trailer .

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Second hand info, 80 acres on top of kiamichi mountain sold for 1 million to a young Texas couple.

I know of one as well. He is a friend. May be the same place. Has some cool elevation change rock bluffs. The place had good water well, large cabin, large shop, ponds, fenced and several grain silo cabins and such all over it. 3 sides is National Forest. It was bought for hunting. Not to far from the “Bent Can Store” LOL!

Farmer925

Marksman
Reaction score
I'd like to see ads for said rocky hillsides going for $10K an acre. Here's the thing. I run one of our companies locations in McAlester. I drive all over the SE part of the state from Prague to Stringtown to Wright City to Wister and North up to nearly Salisaw. We cover a huge area. I rent a lot of equipment to Texans who've bought hunting/rec land in some far out, way out of the way locations. I understand why they are doing it. That being said, Texans are sometimes paying a "premium" for some of this land out in the sticks but at the same time much of this land out in the sticks could have been bought by long time Okies for many decades and at very low/fair price, for decades, but they didn't. Now they want to complain that Texans are buying up all the land. The natural cycle of real estate is that prices will always rise and sometimes a bit faster when demand for it is higher. In most cases, real estate is one of the best investments over the long term one can get into.
When I moved down to southeast oklahoma for a job, I sold my farm in north central ok and bought a quarter section of timber land for 150 an acre. My farm a few miles from the kansas border in north central OK sold for just over 1900 an acre. That was about 5 years ago. Prices down here have gone totally nuts since they are going to be building a wind farm in latimer county.

Latest posts

Top Bottom