I hate CFLs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRISKY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sam's Club has good prices on several different styles of LED lights. I bought some LED floods and some can lights from Sam's Club yesterday.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd love to see some before/after pictures that I can trust aren't photoshopped for advertising. I've got plenty of uses for LED lights out here, and I'm sure it'd be cheaper than the incandescent bulbs we're going through. Anyone using LEDs in ceiling fans?

CFL's sure don't work in my hunter ceiling fans. They flash like disco lights.
We have the wireless remote models.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a hell of a deal. We put in CFLs when built our house since LEDs were so expensive and it sucks to walk down the hallway in the evening. But it is kind of nice in the morning when your eyes haven't adjusted to the light yet. Need to get the home automation setup to handle that.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've replaced all the bulbs in my house with LEDS. Lowes/Walmart has them for like $3.50. My electricity bill dropped about $30 per month.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of LED lighting and they are definitely the way of the future. I changed out our halogen security lights with LED not too long ago. The new ones are much brighter and there's a noticeable difference in the electric bill. I also use LED track lighting in my den.

Lighting is a major thing where I work (museum). Preservation is foremost on our minds and we can't have anything that is too hot or harsh. For the most part, we use led lighting that's routed with fiber optic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom