I Hate Scorpions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wonder where you can buy portable battery powered blacklights.
If .22 shotshells weren't so expensive I would hunt them down with that blacklight and blast em with my revolver.

Got mine at Bass Pro, it's called a fishing light and it has the white and black light bulbs. Works like a champ for scorpion hunting and fishing!

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My in-laws have been seeing quite a few this year too after none last year. We've killed 7 or 8. I almost stepped on one in the shower a week ago. The shower floor is made of natural stones and it blended right in. I put diazinon around the perimeter of their house and mine and haven't seen anymore inside but still a couple outside and in the barn. Of course that won't help you with the ones that are already inside.

When I was a kid we had a serious scorpion infestation one time. Turns out there was a hole in the drywall behind the fridge they were nesting in. We also had to call an exterminator but once he found and sprayed the nest we were good.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had scorpions around my house since moving in 12 years ago. This has been the worst year yet. I spray Demand CS all around the house a couple times a year. It does the trick, up until this year none in the house. Just one inside so far this year. Tons around the shed and in the rocks in the field. I buy the Demand CS from Estes Chemicals off of Pine and Garnett in Tulsa.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A big plus 1 for Tempo! We use it at least twice a year and it wipes out everything for several months. I spray the outside perimeter of my house and the perimeter of my porches and around all the doors. Hell, I started spraying the door seals of my shop this year and don't have dirt dobbers anymore! Considering how little of it you mix to the gallon, I don't consider it expensive. I bet I don't spend $40 a year on spray. It's is well worth it to keep all the little crawly bastards away. My son has a natural attraction to things that sting, so if I can limit the screaming, I'm doing good...
Yea Shooterdave what I meant was it was kind of expensive to buy but with using only 16 cc's per gallon the bottle will last for years. I do just like you and spray completely around everything including my barn. I also spray my storm cellar and don't have any bugs in it either.

DrJeff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in Sand Springs and have had scorpions inside and outside the home. I had a scorpion sneak up between me, my two-year-old and toy poodle. The poodle was stung and had some respiratory difficulties for a couple of days. Took the poodle to the veterinarian that evening for a steroid shot to help with breathing. I have been using Bulwark Exterminating for awhile now with good success. I have a plan to spray inside and outside. They also treat a large perimeter around my home. The company is based in Arizona, so chose them figuring they could handle scorpions and they do it well. If I see a scorpion, I give them a call and they spray again with no charge.

I have also placed these around my home to take care of the scorpions:
i50.tinypic.com_358dto1.jpg

OK....just kidding, but am thinking about it just for the hell of it.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can get Tempo in dust form and most online pestcontrol companies sell it. Also get the duster applicator which blows it onto the floor etc. I use it
and it kills lots of different bugs.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hobbes for once we agree on something. I hate scorpions too.

On a side note, bat houses are really not a bad idea. They will eat a lot of harmful insects.

Latest posts

Top Bottom