I have a question and can't seem to get an answer from BUDS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing this guy here and converting it but can't seem to find out who makes it or if its even worth a damn.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...an+American+Armory/SAIGA 170260 7.62X39 16IN/

I'm thinking it's made by EEA but the listing says Saiga so i'm kind of confused. I wish that buds posted actual pics of the firearms vs none at all or stock factory pics. O well any info would be greatly appreciated

1S1K

This is the sporter version that you can convert to a pistol grip and standard buttstock. It is a Saiga made in Russia by Izhmash who manufactured the original Russian ak. EAA is the importer to the US but I have not seen one lately imported by them. The ones I've seen at classic arms, jgsales,centerfire,etc has EAA import marks grinded off and has a velcro looking piece on frame close to stock on right side which is ugly. Maybe EAA is importing them again. At $380, that is a little high. They usually go for $330.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
never mind i did some research and found out you need a few extra parts but can still be done. Thanks for all the INFO. One last questions whats the best / most reliable saiga available with in a reasonable price?

1S1K

Saiga sporter will all be the same and needs conversion to get that look that you like, look arround locally, a good price would be no more than $345. The one with grinded import marks went on sale on several online dealers a few months ago for $300 + s/h. Arsenal saiga on the other hand is a true ak platform but would be hard to find one under $700.

Latest posts

Top Bottom