I heard from one of my persistent "want to buy your gun" folks again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update to to "I heard from one of my persistent 'want to buy your gun' folks again!"

The original post is at the beginning of this thread.

Sorry to be a few days late posting this but was away on Thanksgiving holiday.

After emailing and calling the "want to buy your gun" again fellow a few times last Sunday after his Saturday pm "I want the gun" email with no response I decided to try and call his number again Monday just before noon.

This time, I used *67 to block my phone number (since he had avoided answering) and guess what? He answered!

Me: Hey, thanks for answering. This is the fellow you have been telling for a month you want to buy my pre-36 Smith & Wesson and emailed me again Saturday night telling me that. What is a good time to meet today?

Him: Uhhh, yeah, I have been really busy working construction and haven't been able to answer my phone or get to my email this weekend.

Me: What about the past month? Isn't this email I received Saturday night from you?

Him: I have been really busy. Yeah, it was my email Saturday night because I have really been wanting that gun and was hoping it hadn't sold.

Me: No, I have been holding it for you because you said you wanted it so bad. By the way, what is your name?

Him: Uhhh, my name is *****. Yeah, I have a new one in a box my granddad gave me but I want a flat latch pre-36 like his I can carry in my boot. I also gave a lot of my collection to a place in Texas a while back.

Me: Well, that's great! This is a fine shooter and sounds just like what you are wanting. What time can I expect you today.

Him: Well, I live in OKC so it would take me a couple of hours to get there coming I-40. I will leave at 4pm so could we meet at 6pm somewhere in your town?

Me: That would be great. Staple's parking lot is great for that. Do you know where that is located?

Him: Yeah, not a problem. I travel a lot for construction work. Okay, I will call you when I leave OKC at 4pm and see you at 6pm.

Me: I will even be willing to help you out. When you call me at 4pm to tell me you are leaving if you will call me an hour later and tell me where you are on I-40 I will meet you in Henryetta on the east side of the Braum's parking lot. I have done that for several folks coming from OKC or Tulsa or Okmulgee to save them some driving time.

Me: *****, are you really going to follow through on this purchase and meet me today? If you can't meet, or just want this gun but can't afford it, or just like to talk to folks about buying stuff and don't do it just let me know now and we can go our own separate ways.

Him: No, I promise I am gonna be there. I have wanted this gun and am so lucky it is still available. It will be so cool to have one like my Granddad's.

Me: Okay, give me a call at 4pm and then when you get about an hour from OKC call me again and I will head that way. *****, you aren't some kind of flake are you? Can I count on you to call and show?

Him: Absolutely, I am not like that at all. Just been so busy working all the time. I look forward to meeting you and buying the gun.

Me: Okay, I will see you this evening.

I got off the phone and my daughter, who had been listening to my side of the conversation, asked who I was talking to. I told her a little about it and that I would be meeting the fellow to sell him the gun and wrote down a few details.

She said she wouldn't need that information and I wouldn't have to worry about that trip because he wasn't going to meet me and would never call me.

I asked her why she thought that and she said if she wanted something that bad she would find a way to make time to meet and get it rather than talk about it for a month and take a chance someone else bought it. She also said if the only way I got him to answer was using *67 he was avoiding me and that he wasn't really going to buy the gun.

I told her we would see.

We saw. I never heard from him that day or since.

I did make a few more calls to ***** and left some voice mail messages, but no replies and even good old *67 won't get an answer from him any more.

Some interesting case studies out there just waiting to be analyzed...and no, I am not referring to me! ;-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom