I love the FlatEarthSociety.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy cow. This has GOT to be a very big joke. Right?

I read that one of their assertions is that every space program in the world is in on the round earth lie...and every photo of earth ever taken from space, that shows a round earth, is fake.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried to form a response about 5 times but I usually end up insulting all religion in the process.

"Dinosaurs aren't real. God put the bones there to test our faith."
i.imgur.com_kaRAobO.gif

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just as I would admire another man's conviction that his--and only his--religion is true, his wife is beyond beautiful, and his children are overly smart.

That goes without saying............

Holy cow. This has GOT to be a very big joke. Right?

I read that one of their assertions is that every space program in the world is in on the round earth lie...and every photo of earth ever taken from space, that shows a round earth, is fake.

That's what they believe.

Renegadethreads

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the third time I've seen climate change this year. Seems like it's happened four times a year for my whole life. Guess I'm getting used to it after 40 years. Wonder how long it will take for everyone else to stop panicking over it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the below came after the common sailors knew that the earth was round, just by observing the disappearance of ships over the horizon.

What a bunch of freakin' goobers...................

What a punch in the teeth to great men like;

Nicolaus Copernicus

Galileo Galilei

Sir Isaac Newton

Eratosthenes

Aryabhata

Biruni

At the age of 17, Biruni calculated the latitude of Kath, Khwarazm, using the maximum altitude of the Sun. Biruni also solved a complex geodesic equation in order to accurately compute the Earth's circumference, which were close to modern values of the Earth's circumference. His estimate of 6,339.9 km for the Earth radius was only 16.8 km less than the modern value of 6,356.7 km.

Jean Picard performed the first modern meridian arc measurement in 1669–1670. He measured a base line by the aid of wooden rods, used a telescope in his angle measurements, and computed with logarithms. Jacques Cassini later continued Picard's arc northward to Dunkirk and southward to the Spanish boundary. Cassini divided the measured arc into two parts, one northward from Paris, another southward. When he computed the length of a degree from both chains, he found that the length of one degree in the northern part of the chain was shorter than that in the southern part.

Cassini's ellipsoid; Huygens' theoretical ellipsoid
This result, if correct, meant that the earth was not a sphere, but an oblong ......egg-shaped

Now that we have access to space, the easiest way to prove the Earth is spherical is to leave it and view it from a distance. Astronauts and space probes have done just that. Every picture of Earth ever taken shows only a circular shape, and the only geometric solid which looks like a circle from any direction is a sphere.

One of the oldest proofs of the Earth's shape, however, can be seen from the ground and occurs during every lunar eclipse. The geometry of a lunar eclipse has been known since ancient Greece. When a full Moon occurs in the plane of Earth's orbit, the Moon slowly moves through Earth's shadow. Every time that shadow is seen, its edge is round. Once again, the only solid that always projects a round shadow is a sphere

Further proof of the Earth being round came after the voyage of Columbus. When Newton discovered and measured the force of gravity, that number could then be tested anywhere the theory was known. Since the force of gravity is roughly the same everywhere on the globe, it could be surmised that the Earth must be spherical. If the Earth were not round, whole hemispheres would have different atmospheric pressure and significantly different sea levels. Also, pictures taken of the Earth in the last 50 years have proved absolutely conclusively that the Earth is round. These are just the arguments that don't require much physics knowledge to explain, there are others that are more technical, but I think that the simplest arguments are the best.

This is the last I'm going to say....

Trust me....the Russians and the Communist Chinese KNOW the earth is round...

Sputnik and the Cold War proved that without a doubt.

Calculations to figure out how to launch a ICBM and land it on a "ROUND" earth have been proven!!!

www.techbastard.com_missile_minuteman_images_flight_sequence.jpg

[Broken External Image]

From Russia with love...........
fc01.deviantart.net_fs42_f_2009_129_3_c_From_Russia_With_Love_by_toomuchkitty.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom