I made acorn muffins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the first batch was just a very simple basic recipe and used WAY to much acorn flour IMO, that stuff goes a long, long, long way. They weren't inedible to me but my husband and kids hated them. They weren't really sweet at all. A friend of mine tried them and she liked them ok.

The second batch I only used 1/4 cup of acorn flour and added some sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg etc, they were better but still not quite there, I think I may actually need to leech the flour some more? there is something weird about them and I think it may be a slight tannin effect. they made my tounge feel strange not allergic reaction strange, almost a makes my tongue sore feeling, however I scalded the crap out of my tongue at a soccer game last weekend so that may have been alot of that reason...

when I perfect a recipe I will post it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Git jiggy wid da proportions! :wink2:

LOL ... Yep ... Time to start playing around ... (And I NEVER tell GC when I feed him something different. He always swears he doesn't like it ... but if I add stuff into his "regular" 3 recipes he eats most times I can sneak the "odd" ingredient past him without him ever knowing ... :naughty: :D )

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... Yep ... Time to start playing around ... (And I NEVER tell GC when I feed him something different. He always swears he doesn't like it ... but if I add stuff into his "regular" 3 recipes he eats most times I can sneak the "odd" ingredient past him without him ever knowing ... :naughty: :D )

I do that all the time too LOL but then I can't help myself and always screw it up by asking them if they like what they are eating hahaha My family has very little food trust left in me anymore...
one time when my daughter was 3 I made mashed cauliflower and told her it was mashed potatoes, she literally threw up and the look she gave me was probably the worst look a parent could ever get from a child, one of total betrayal LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom