I need some ideas on locks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
do you have any family who might be at home while you are not there?

All adults that can handle it

For the holes I would go to the tool rental place and rent a mag drill and a bit. About as perfect as drilled holes can get. I think dead bolts would work better than pad locks plus not as much a chance of getting locked in.

I assume you are talking about a magnetic drill. Never used one, I'll consider it.
I am also thinking about deadbolts, not sure how to mount them on a single piece of steel.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
U might check the outside dia of a 2 inch hole punch that electrican us i know they are bigger than 2 inch so that rigid pipe will fit thru i cant remember how much bigger they are.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
U might check the outside dia of a 2 inch hole punch that electrican us i know they are bigger than 2 inch so that rigid pipe will fit thru i cant remember how much bigger they are.

I bet that door is hard enough to destroy a knock-out set.

It is supposed to be cold rolled 3/16". I don't think a punch can handle it.

Patience and a LOT of oil.

Or a lot of hole saws.

I was searching for bimetal and found out that there are carbide tipped cutters. That should do it.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I think a bimetal or carbide hole cutter will take care of the hole. Next:
The door is a single piece of steel unlike house doors that are thick. How do I support the lock in the hole?
I also need to decide on the locks, they have to be a set with the same key, strong etc.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you will let me know how thick the door is I can probably help you, I am a locksmith here in Tulsa, My number is 918-695-3808, D.Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom