I need some ideas on locks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The hole will not be a problem even if I have to burn a hole saw or two or buy a carbide tipped hole saw.
I have not made up my mind on the locks yet, I am starting to think that if I go through all this trouble, I might as well get a good set. The hole diameter and the size of the back up arrangement depends on the locks, so I have to decide on those first.
Thanks for your support.
You might want to look how Bear Safe does it. It would still require some cutting and welding, but it would be strong.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Checking it out. The Bilock is grade 2. I want grade 1.
I have been reading about bumping, most locks can be easily bumped, even the Medeco that I thought is the best.
I think the Abloy looks good.

Bilock has both Grade 1 and grade 2 deadbolts. Bilocks cannot be bumped.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Checking it out. The Bilock is grade 2. I want grade 1.
I have been reading about bumping, most locks can be easily bumped, even the Medeco that I thought is the best.
I think the Abloy looks good.
I would love to watch someone try to bump a Simple Uscan 6 pin deadbolt easily !!!

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bumping is waaaaay over egxaggerated. Not as easy as the people who post it on you tube make it look, They set the locks up to open very easy. matter of fact I would be willing to bet that I could just key an Uscan grade 2 deadbolt that even a locksmith couldn't "bump"
A couple of years ago a locksmith here in Tulsa went the news media (we know how dependable they are?) and told them about lock bumping and everyone was scared to death and he sold alot of bump proof locks, I tell people the truth and will not try to scare them into buying my product or "oversell" them a product. I have been a locksmith for almost 19 years and have NEVER seen an instance where a lock was bumped by an intruder? They will tear up a door or door jamb or a lock trying to get in but they most probably will never get it bumped or even get a proper bump key!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom