I think I've went off the deep end!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Tactical and it has most of what you are looking for. It has been a great gun and very reliable for me with good+ accuracy to boot. It does have the ambi safety, but you can fix that easy enough. It also has a long trigger, but doesn't have the over-travel screw.

Another thing to consider, if you are planning to throw a couple hundred more into it, look at the STI Spartan. They are a $650ish and are basically a STI tuned/tweaked Rock Island. That is probably my next upgrade.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For what you paid... shoot it 'stock' for a while. Those RIA's are usally pretty good right out of the box for what they are.

Grips.. I like the Houge 2 piece grips. Thin.. and rubbery in the right places for me. The wrap arounds are too bulky to get a correct grip on the pistol unless you have huge hands.

That rubber beavertail? To each there own, I am sure some folks see a need. Looks like a uneaded solution to a non- existant problem to me.

Good luck have fun.... Odds are running 4 to 1 that pistol will be trade fodder in 3 weeks <grin...lol>

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On 1911 topics I yield to the gentleman from Jones (olyeller) and he says typically says no on the Taurus 1911's.

I haven't owned one but I would take Mike's opinion at its face value.

BC

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. This is driving me nuts! :scream:

He now has a Taurus 1911 for $600. It has all the bells and whistles.

BUT...

Are they any good? [Broken External Image]

No. For starters it has a hammer lock that has had reports of failure. They wouldn't be suitable for duty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom