I want congress TERM LIMITS.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should congress have term limits

• YES

• NO

• I DONT KNOW

• WHO CARES

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe term limits to be necessary under the current climate of political corruption, and lack of voting integrity. Or use the Second Amendment. I'm okay with either. However, term limits is a constitutional question, requiring a constitutional amendment.

A few things I would do otherwise is take away the golden ring. No salaries, per diem monies only. No retirement, pensions, 401Ks. make Insider trading illegal. All laws sustaining a two party system repealed. Any monies received from lobbies, individuals, corporations, anyone, goes directly, dollar for dollar, to a charity, with complete transparency on tracing the funds by any citizen. ALL bank accounts and tax returns open to the public for the period of time in office, and 10 years thereafter. No offshore bank accounts. Any politician keeping any money outside the per diem, gets an automatic life sentence in prison, or removal and prohibited from any State or Federal office for life.

punxsy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe term limits to be necessary under the current climate of political corruption, and lack of voting integrity. Or use the Second Amendment. I'm okay with either. However, term limits is a constitutional question, requiring a constitutional amendment.

A few things I would do otherwise is take away the golden ring. No salaries, per diem monies only. No retirement, pensions, 401Ks. make Insider trading illegal. All laws sustaining a two party system repealed. Any monies received from lobbies, individuals, corporations, anyone, goes directly, dollar for dollar, to a charity, with complete transparency on tracing the funds by any citizen. ALL bank accounts and tax returns open to the public for the period of time in office, and 10 years thereafter. No offshore bank accounts. Any politician keeping any money outside the per diem, gets an automatic life sentence in prison, or removal and prohibited from any State or Federal office for life.
Dream on.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Term limits for Congress, is desperately needed, but has to be APPROVED BY CONGRESS!!! See what I mean Vern?
I seem to remember years ago Congress had to vote to NOT give themselves a raise. Their rases are automatic.

I would also add any legislation they pass will also apply to them. Obamacare does not apply to members of Congress or their aids.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If feds set a mandatory retirement age for commercial pilots, who else more/less important should carry this same requirement? If certain elected positions have term limits, why would other positions not be the same?

So, IMO there should be age and term limits. Sometimes you wonder what the hell voters were thinking huh?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Three NO votes, I wonder what their thoughts are or the rationale for not having term limits? How is that beneficial to the three votes? We know why we need term limits, to get rid of deadwood, corruption etc. But why would someone resist term limits?
I know, I know, I've opened another bucket of worms...

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
elections are term limits, if enough voters agree. What people really want is more along the lines of limits for people they aren't allowed to vote for.

And there are benefits to having long-serving representatives. Institutional memory, committee chairmanships, etc. The power to deliver the money to their voters.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not totally in favor of term limits. I am in favor of age limits.
The Constitution spells out minimum age limits for POTUS. It would take a constitutional convention to get age limits installed.
I’m not sure we would want to convene a Convention though with the state of voting right now. I’m thinking we would lose more than we would gain unless the scope of the convention was only allowed to cover a single issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom