If you’re looking for something to do this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@retrieverman ...went out yesterday and started my bike. Mother came flying out the door. I didn't know she could still move that fast. 43 years this year and she still cares....must of done something right. 👍
If we make it until June, it’ll be 34 for us, and sometimes I wonder if she loves me or just doesn’t want to take care of me if I become an invalid. Not saying that’s what’s happening in your case, but it’s food for thought. :anyone: :rollingla

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@retrieverman ...went out yesterday and started my bike. Mother came flying out the door. I didn't know she could still move that fast. 43 years this year and she still cares....must of done something right. 👍

If we make it until June, it’ll be 34 for us, and sometimes I wonder if she loves me or just doesn’t want to take care of me if I become an invalid. Not saying that’s what’s happening in your case, but it’s food for thought. :anyone: :rollingla

Sounds like all three of us have keepers...

...but then, since I can't cook and I REALLY wouldn't want to have to go shopping around, I'm never likely to change wives. But, my wife will holler at me if I even act like I might get near something dangerous.

While in Utah about 4 years ago, we went out to the Toroweap Overlook on the north rim of the Grand Canyon. The canyon there is something like 3000 feet deep, and knowing my penchant for wanting to get to the edge of a cliff and taking a picture straight down, she hollered at me if I got within 20 feet of the edge. Of course, the wind was blowing pretty hard that day, so I guess I understand.

I don't think she saw me take this one there.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like all three of us have keepers...

...but then, since I can't cook and I REALLY wouldn't want to have to go shopping around, I'm never likely to change wives.
I‘ve cooked probably 75% of the meals we‘ve eaten since we got married. When I come up to my OK place, my wife and daughter get take out for most meals. My wife really is a pretty decent cook, but she doesn’t like to do it. My maternal grandmother taught me, and I enjoy doing it.
It’s raining again today, so skid steer work is off the table. I’m already thinking about what I’m going to cook my wife for supper.
As far as changing wives, that ain’t happening. My friend that died a couple years ago was in his mid 50’s and had been married and divorced twice, and from listening to him talk about dating and trying to find a good woman in today’s world, I know I don’t belong in that scene. Celibacy and solitude sounds like a much better option.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I‘ve cooked probably 75% of the meals we‘ve eaten since we got married. When I come up to my OK place, my wife and daughter get take out for most meals. My wife really is a pretty decent cook, but she doesn’t like to do it. My maternal grandmother taught me, and I enjoy doing it.
It’s raining again today, so skid steer work is off the table. I’m already thinking about what I’m going to cook my wife for supper.
As far as changing wives, that ain’t happening. My friend that died a couple years ago was in his mid 50’s and had been married and divorced twice, and from listening to him talk about dating and trying to find a good woman in today’s world, I know I don’t belong in that scene. Celibacy and solitude sounds like a much better option.
So, what'cha cooking tonight? We're trying to clean out our freezer too with our 1/2 beef coming in June. We end up with way too much cubed steaks. Here's a quick/easy dinner with cubed steaks/chicken fry cuts. Prepare just like a chicken fry - seasoned flour, little oil in the skillet and cook until about half done(turning once). Take a can of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes and blend in a couple of chipotle peppers. Pour a little on the bottom of a casserole dish, lay in the chicken fry, top with remaining sauce, cover and put in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes. Add some mashed potatoes then good to go. I think my mom made something similar when growing up and called is swiss steak IIRC.

I'm heading to our place this weekend or would be setting something out for dinner too. I'm more in the 90% cooking meals than 75%! 27 years come Sept. Won't be another wife.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, what'cha cooking tonight? We're trying to clean out our freezer too with our 1/2 beef coming in June. We end up with way too much cubed steaks. Here's a quick/easy dinner with cubed steaks/chicken fry cuts. Prepare just like a chicken fry - seasoned flour, little oil in the skillet and cook until about half done(turning once). Take a can of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes and blend in a couple of chipotle peppers. Pour a little on the bottom of a casserole dish, lay in the chicken fry, top with remaining sauce, cover and put in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes. Add some mashed potatoes then good to go. I think my mom made something similar when growing up and called is swiss steak IIRC.

I'm heading to our place this weekend or would be setting something out for dinner too. I'm more in the 90% cooking meals than 75%! 27 years come Sept. Won't be another wife.
I hate to keep “muddying up” this thread, but try this with your cube steak.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Steak Bites - Daily Yum
I do them in the oven and not the air fryer, and they’re really good. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom