If you’re looking for something to do this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I‘ve cooked probably 75% of the meals we‘ve eaten since we got married. When I come up to my OK place, my wife and daughter get take out for most meals. My wife really is a pretty decent cook, but she doesn’t like to do it. My maternal grandmother taught me, and I enjoy doing it.
It’s raining again today, so skid steer work is off the table. I’m already thinking about what I’m going to cook my wife for supper.
As far as changing wives, that ain’t happening. My friend that died a couple years ago was in his mid 50’s and had been married and divorced twice, and from listening to him talk about dating and trying to find a good woman in today’s world, I know I don’t belong in that scene. Celibacy and solitude sounds like a much better option.
So, what'cha cooking tonight? We're trying to clean out our freezer too with our 1/2 beef coming in June. We end up with way too much cubed steaks. Here's a quick/easy dinner with cubed steaks/chicken fry cuts. Prepare just like a chicken fry - seasoned flour, little oil in the skillet and cook until about half done(turning once). Take a can of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes and blend in a couple of chipotle peppers. Pour a little on the bottom of a casserole dish, lay in the chicken fry, top with remaining sauce, cover and put in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes. Add some mashed potatoes then good to go. I think my mom made something similar when growing up and called is swiss steak IIRC.

I'm heading to our place this weekend or would be setting something out for dinner too. I'm more in the 90% cooking meals than 75%! 27 years come Sept. Won't be another wife.
I'm at about 98% of head cook around our place. I cook, she cleans. Works out great for me as I love to cook but hate to clean although I kinda clean as I go.
34 years for us and I'm not looking to change anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom