If you could only have ONE handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends why I am down to one...

K frame SW 3" 65 will be the last to go. 357 Mag... and I shoot it as well or better than any other handgun I own.

An "experienced" Series 80 1911 would be in a near dead heat to stay...

A world wide economic failure? I could eat with a 22... and collect a "better" weapon if needed. Goodness, I really hope we avoid those pleasantrys during my lifetime.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has got to be one of the toughest decisions ever. Good thing I don't have any handguns. You know, with the boat accident and all.

I guess I would have to put it in a survivalist mode. Let's say I needed to scrounge for ammo. I would want a very common caliber and one that had been around for decades. I'd also elect for capacity so I wouldn't have to reload as much. Probably a 1911 or a 9mm. Tough, tough, tough. Probably my Smith 5906.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ruger .357 in Stainless Steel,4inch,fixed sight,if the ammo will go into cylinder chamber gun will fire and handle the hottest load . its also the only revolver that average owner can field strip ,clean and reassemble, which will need to be done if gun is droped in muddy creek or such.semi-auto's are great but they need good factory ammo to be reliable and safe to fire.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to say my S&W 629MG. But nowadays I'd say a Glock 35. Get a .357 Sig barrel, a G-17 slide/barrel for 9mm target and CCW, and an Advantage Arms .22 conversion. Not much you couldn't do with that amount of flexibility.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a Kimber guy but if I could only own one handgun, it would be a Glock 40 or a springfield XDM 40. Lots of firepower. When the XDM 45 comes out, that would be my choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom