If you had $1000 and wanted a 1911 what would it be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's mine:

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Pointman66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear Dan Wesson stopped making them in 2010 is this true?

Well, they call it a vbob now. It has a bead blasted finish that is more prone the showing wear, that's why I bought a used cbob. Try searching "wts 1911" in google and you'll see where many are looking to trade for a DW. Even those with nice colts.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i really like the S&W 1911 pd series with the scandium frames, though i know absolutely nothing about 1911's. Seems like they are good value for the money and quite a bit lighter than the steel frame versions. But it will still be a very long time before im in a position to purchase one. but i figure my M&P's run like champs their 1911's oughta be pretty good to.

Chris Derrick

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, they call it a vbob now. It has a bead blasted finish that is more prone the showing wear, that's why I bought a used cbob. Try searching "wts 1911" in google and you'll see where many are looking to trade for a DW. Even those with nice colts.

Vbob explain please. Are ya saying they still make a Dan Wesson just different finish is all? Can you show me pics of the difference? Thanks everyone. CD I am down to Dan Wesson, Colt Combat Commander, Kimber not in that order!

Latest posts

Top Bottom