I'll Say One Thing For Him...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Registering as an Independant voter is the way to go. It reduces the numbers of Dems and GOP without creating a third party. Independant voters are the fastest growing "third party".

All registering as an Independent does is prevent you from voting in primary elections. That is the only difference.

It would drive me nuts when people would register as Independent when I was doing voter registration but we're not allowed to influence which party people register for.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All registering as an Independent does is prevent you from voting in primary elections. That is the only difference.

It would drive me nuts when people would register as Independent when I was doing voter registration but we're not allowed to influence which party people register for.

I respectfully disagree.

If the leadership of both parties see large numbers of voters registering as independent they are forced to calculate why?
What is it about their party that is alienating voters?

In addition to that, it influences candidates to steer their campaigns in a slightly different direction in order to appeal to those independent voters.
That's why I'm registered independent.

I wish Oklahoma would allow independents to vote in the primary if they have been registered independent for at least 1 year.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever you call it, you're basically just reducing the turnout of your party of choice by .001%.

Neither one is worth supporting at this point. Neither one has the best interests of the country at heart. Neither one is upholding the Constitution or their oath of office. I never stopped supporting my party's principles, they did. If "my" party didn't want Obama re-elected, then perhaps they should've done a MUCH better job of selecting a candidate. As it is, if they didn''t care enough to send their very best, then how can I be expected to shoulder the blame for their failures?

In short, I could care less whether "my" party wins if it means the country loses. :(

I respectfully disagree.

If the leadership of both parties see large numbers of voters registering as independent they are forced to calculate why?
What is it about their party that is alienating voters?

In addition to that, it influences candidates to steer their campaigns in a slightly different direction in order to appeal to those independent voters.
That's why I'm registered independent.

I wish Oklahoma would allow independents to vote in the primary if they have been registered independent for at least 1 year.

Oklahoma is fully on board with voter suppression. They don't want you to have any choice they don't offer you. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom