I'll Say One Thing For Him...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
False. Say it all you want, a vote for a third party does not a vote for anyone else make. What it is, is not a vote for Romney. Who is a nearly equally crap-tastic option as Obama.

Being so blindly against Obama that you take not just a compromise, but a huge one, and then point at those who aren't willing to compromise as being FOR Obama is a load of sh1t.

IDK what you think a "protest vote" for a third party will accomplish exactly. If you vote for some random dude, then as far as the people who actually have a chance are concerned you didn't even show up.

I think you all will get your dream tickets in 2016. The Republican party has a decently deep bench of good candidates but they didn't want to have to run one against Obama. They just let the crazies (Paul, Bachmann) and political opportunists (Gingrich, Romney) kill each other in the primary, then sent the only somewhat-credible candidate as a kind of hail-mary pass for the general election.

They put Marco Rubio front and center at the convention. I would be AMAZED if he's not on the ticket in 2016.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IDK what you think a "conscience vote" for a third party will accomplish exactly. If you vote for some random dude, then as far as the people who actually have a chance are concerned you didn't even show up.

I think you all will get your dream tickets in 2016. The Republican party has a decently deep bench of good candidates but they didn't want to have to run one against Obama. They just let the crazies (Paul, Bachmann) and political opportunists (Gingrich, Romney) kill each other in the primary, then sent the only somewhat-credible candidate as a kind of hail-mary pass for the general election.

They put Marco Rubio front and center at the convention. I would be AMAZED if he's not on the ticket in 2016.

Fixed it for ya.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Until there is a credible third party which will have to be built from the ground up, you are just throwing your vote away with protest votes.

Most everybody wants the easy way and they want it right now. They do not want to do the work required to get a real third party in place with the power to get their people on the ballot in national elections. Guess what folks, it is not going to happen and until it does get built you are voting for whomever is in office, even if you do not vote.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Until there is a credible third party which will have to be built from the ground up, you are just throwing your vote away with protest votes.

Most everybody wants the easy way and they want it right now. They do not want to do the work required to get a real third party in place with the power to get their people on the ballot in national elections. Guess what folks, it is not going to happen and until it does get built you are voting for whomever is in office, even if you do not vote.

Registering as an Independant voter is the way to go. It reduces the numbers of Dems and GOP without creating a third party. Independant voters are the fastest growing "third party".

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Registering as an Independant voter is the way to go. It reduces the numbers of Dems and GOP without creating a third party. Independant voters are the fastest growing "third party".

There is a lot of truth to that but not if you really want anything to change.

If you want change you either have to pick the party closest to what you believe and try to work from within to move it in the right direct. The other option is to form or join a third and work at getting it's people elected in state and local elections until you have enough power to get your party on the national ballot. No other way works and the people who's job you are trying to take away are not going to make it easy on you.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to vote for a third party or "alternate candidate" the time to do it is in the primaries, go for it. As for the general, if you write in Ron Paul, Mickey Mouse or the family dog you are just wasting yours and everyone else's time. In an election as close as this one is purported to be it could get the Obungholio re-elected. Like it or not it's a two party system. Personally, I'd just as soon ditch the parties altogether. Just put the name on the ballot. Don't know anything about that person? Then don't vote, you should have done your homework and been prepared. Another Obungholio cycle would probably fix most of the voters like were interviewed on Howard Stern the other day. YMMV...

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will NOT vote for someone I don't completely agree with. If Johnson was on the ballot in OK, I'd vote for him. Knowing full well he didn't have a chance. If people voted for who they wanted to be president instead of against who they didn't want, maybe some third party guys would have a shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom