Illegal police training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And unfortunately it makes it hard even for people that were raised up to respect Leo to do so anymore, I can agree that's there's good cops out there but they're the minority.

You can't expect someone who has a strong knowledge of their rights to comply with a disrespectful person on a power trip because they were given some authority. In my eyes if you act like an armed gang banger with a badge then you should expect to be treated in kind.

True. But I truly believe that there is a time and place. The side of the road with an over-zealous ******* JBT is NOT the place, no matter how bad any of us wishes it otherwise.

Be smart guys. Be polite, be firm but if it comes down to it, take badge numbers and names and let your lawyer make an example out of said JBT. I'm not gonna blow smoke up your ass -- you may or may not cost said JBT his/her/it's job and pension -- but you WILL walk away with your life (not hyperbole in this day and age) and if you let your lawyer do his/her/it's job ... well, cities/counties/states often pay handsomely to make certain problems go away.

I know what some of you are gonna say but you know what, it's not a perfect world, and I'd rather live on the outside of a jail cell and soothe my ego with a few hundred thousand or so dollars, than inside a jail cell, broke because of legal fees, or worse, be in that rowboat to Hell because some JBT saw an opportunity to use me for target practice and later articulate to his superiors how I somehow made him/her/it fear for his life or the safety of the general public. 🤷🤷

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True. But I truly believe that there is a time and place. The side of the road with an over-zealous ******* JBT is NOT the place, no matter how bad any of us wishes it otherwise.

Be smart guys. Be polite, be firm but if it comes down to it, take badge numbers and names and let your lawyer make an example out of said JBT. I'm not gonna blow smoke up your ass -- you may or may not cost said JBT his/her/it's job and pension -- but you WILL walk away with your life (not hyperbole in this day and age) and if you let your lawyer do his/her/it's job ... well, cities/counties/states often pay handsomely to make certain problems go away.

I know what some of you are gonna say but you know what, it's not a perfect world, and I'd rather live on the outside of a jail cell and soothe my ego with a few hundred thousand or so dollars, than inside a jail cell, broke because of legal fees, or worse, be in that rowboat to Hell because some JBT saw an opportunity to use me for target practice and later articulate to his superiors how I somehow made him/her/it fear for his life or the safety of the general public. 🤷🤷
Well said,
I guess I’m just young ready to take on the world

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never forget cops have qualified immunity, unions, and the taxpayers paying for their murders. You don't have the same deep pockets for lawyers --- if you don't get 13 warning shots in the back. I mean look at the acorn guy. He could have killed the dude in the squad car, lying on camera that there were shots fired. Him and his partner unloaded on an unarmed handcuffed suspect. Neither is up on charges last I heard. Acorn cop just got to resign. You or I would have been up on charges. If they'd have killed him it'd have got buried like most cop-murders. I mean heck, look at the high profile case of the kidnapping victim that the cops executed in CA. That was some high profile stuff right there, and they buried it for two years while lying that she --- the 15 year old kidnapping victim --- was shooting at them. They'll get away with murder.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It, s not illegal to train Police. It isn't illegal to give bad advice or training. It is up to the Police to figure out if the training is good and wether to follow it. That this was a long "training event" and that there were actually attendees by the end, speaks volumes about police forces in general!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough in the last 35 years as a LEO (or JBT as @THAT Gurl calls em :kiss:) that I only encountered one bad cop.

He wasn't "bad" as in the sense to really be dangerous, he was just over zealous and wasn't above committing perjury on the stand to land a conviction. That's bad enough in and of itself, but like I said, he didn't have an itchy trigger finger.

Then there was another cop I worked with who was just basically a thief. Whener a person is arrested and incarcerated, we always had to take their personal property: ie belt, wallet, pocket knife, cigarettes, etc. for safe keeping until they were released.

This particular cop would sit at the PD to do his arrest report and log in the subjects property. If the subject had a brand new, unopened pack of cigarettes, he would open them and help himself to a smoke or two while finishing the paperwork.

He did the same thing with minors who he caught with beer. He would confiscate it and take it home. He even went so far as to taking it to a convenience store and trading it for the kind/brand he liked if it wasn't his favorite.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough in the last 35 years as a LEO (or JBT as @THAT Gurl calls em :kiss:) that I only encountered one bad cop.

He wasn't "bad" as in the sense to really be dangerous, he was just over zealous and wasn't above committing perjury on the stand to land a conviction. That's bad enough in and of itself, but like I said, he didn't have an itchy trigger finger.

Then there was another cop I worked with who was just basically a thief. Whener a person is arrested and incarcerated, we always had to take their personal property: ie belt, wallet, pocket knife, cigarettes, etc. for safe keeping until they were released.

This particular cop would sit at the PD to do his arrest report and log in the subjects property. If the subject had a brand new, unopened pack of cigarettes, he would open them and help himself to a smoke or two while finishing the paperwork.

He did the same thing with minors who he caught with beer. He would confiscate it and take it home. He even went so far as to taking it to a convenience store and trading it for the kind/brand he liked if it wasn't his favorite.
Wear your labels proudly, my friend! 😉😘 It slightly worries those trying to get under your skin. 😉😂😂😂😇

Grumpy worked with a guy who by all accounts had a significant drinking problem. This guy has left the Capitol and gone to work for a small city PD by the time I'm met Grumpy but I heard stories and was grateful I'd never met him. Maybe you've heard of him. He ****ed up the Carina Saunders case. I believe that was about the same time they figured out he was stealing narcotics out of the evidence room at Bethany PD. Jack Jencks, ring a bell??

Oh ... And I have another one. This guy I did meet -- And had lunch with any number of times. He used to be a funeral home director, which is what I thought accounted for his rather ... Ahem ... "Unusual" sense of humor. (Srsly, guys, even I know that if **I** think something is off, you've got some marbles running wild.) Anyway, they were going through some training and this guy was wound a bit tighter than usual for some reason. He and his TO had some words I guess and that night he went and found his ex-wife, raped her (beat her, too, I think, but don't quote me on that) and threatened to go find his TO and kill him. She called the cops after he left, they found him and he is now hanging with the guys at ... Ummm ... Gosh, it's been a while since I looked ... Maybe he's down at Lawton?? Anyway, he caught quite the laundry list. He's still got quite a while left on his sentence because they had him serve them consecutively. The most troubling thing about him is he wasn't a bad cop. He just snapped for some reason. I want to say he had been drinking heavily that night, but again, don't quote me because it's been a while. Look up William Manship.

I often wonder how many more he has crossed paths with that I haven't heard about. Or didn't realize what they were capable of. And I also think things like this may be why Grumpy is a tee-toltaller. Because we are ALL capable of some pretty heinous things, deep in the back of our minds. **** that hides from even us, until something happens to open that dungeon door. (And anyone who says otherwise has either lived a charmed life or is a liar.) In the end our police officers are human beings, just like the rest of us. Not making excuses, not expecting anyone to give a bad cop a pass, just pointing out a fact.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That pisses me off.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wear your labels proudly, my friend! 😉😘 It slightly worries those trying to get under your skin. 😉😂😂😂😇

Grumpy worked with a guy who by all accounts had a significant drinking problem. This guy has left the Capitol and gone to work for a small city PD by the time I'm met Grumpy but I heard stories and was grateful I'd never met him. Maybe you've heard of him. He ****ed up the Carina Saunders case. I believe that was about the same time they figured out he was stealing narcotics out of the evidence room at Bethany PD. Jack Jencks, ring a bell??

Oh ... And I have another one. This guy I did meet -- And had lunch with any number of times. He used to be a funeral home director, which is what I thought accounted for his rather ... Ahem ... "Unusual" sense of humor. (Srsly, guys, even I know that if **I** think something is off, you've got some marbles running wild.) Anyway, they were going through some training and this guy was wound a bit tighter than usual for some reason. He and his TO had some words I guess and that night he went and found his ex-wife, raped her (beat her, too, I think, but don't quote me on that) and threatened to go find his TO and kill him. She called the cops after he left, they found him and he is now hanging with the guys at ... Ummm ... Gosh, it's been a while since I looked ... Maybe he's down at Lawton?? Anyway, he caught quite the laundry list. He's still got quite a while left on his sentence because they had him serve them consecutively. The most troubling thing about him is he wasn't a bad cop. He just snapped for some reason. I want to say he had been drinking heavily that night, but again, don't quote me because it's been a while. Look up William Manship.

I often wonder how many more he has crossed paths with that I haven't heard about. Or didn't realize what they were capable of. And I also think things like this may be why Grumpy is a tee-toltaller. Because we are ALL capable of some pretty heinous things, deep in the back of our minds. **** that hides from even us, until something happens to open that dungeon door. (And anyone who says otherwise has either lived a charmed life or is a liar.) In the end our police officers are human beings, just like the rest of us. Not making excuses, not expecting anyone to give a bad cop a pass, just pointing out a fact.

No, neither name rings a bell. Not defending either of them, but trust me, this job will change you. It will test your every fiber in you and cause you to do sh*t that you would never dream of.

Fortunately, I have a wife that didn't tolerate that type of behavior. She threatened to take my girls and walk if I ever did the crap other cops did. But, I also had the healing power of Jesus Christ within me. Looking back on my career, He really and truly spared me of some of the headache and heartache that other cops that didn't have God in their lives, had to endure.

I've said it a gozillion times before and I'll say it a gozillion times more...Christ saved my soul but Cindyann saved my life. :heart:

Latest posts

Top Bottom