I'm not having fun, shooting in Ok sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blastsnap

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So are you saying that you equate the fact that you don't have enough ranges that you like to go to equal to the restrictive gun control laws put out by New York?

There is a pretty big difference between a LAW and a inconvenience.

Yeah it's looking that way. Toll Roads, massive welfare rolls. Just look at how the state votes over all. May be counted on as a red state by some. But it appears it's ran at the local, county level by the blues. Kind of by-polar and split personality don't you think. :D

College boys? I do not ever remember running anyone off a gun range. I guess I can grab my transcript, then head to the range and make everyone leave. Also maybe you can educate me on how I am ruining my country by educating myself, I guess you are really going to hate me when I go to law school.

Remember there are people on both sides in all walks of life. Yes I am in college and will be going to law school, but I support the 2nd and love shooting as much as anyone here. It really turns people off the sport when people like you open your yacker and generalize folks because of what they do. Trust me it has been all I can do not to vomit listening to my liberal college teachers, but there are plenty of "college boys" that love shooting, others call this the next generation which is very important to gun laws. Just because you can sit behind your computer and put a few sentences together does not mean you were never 22 yrs old.

I hope that a "college boy" has not gotten onto this site thinking about getting into shooting only to learn he is guilty of ruining the country, and shooting opportunities for everyone. We are supposed to be ambassadors for the sport, do not ruin my gun rights by pissing people off and turning them away from the sport.

Hate,,, naw. Disrespect sure. I hope you enjoy your career. And do some good. Many are a waste of flesh. Look no farther than politicians, warning labels on lawn mowers or McDonalds. Aren't the near worthless courts ran by lawyers?

I work a lot now days with Mech. Engineers, Architects and Civil Engineers. I am amazed at the over all low quality of grads being produced now days.

I give you prop's for sticking it out in the liberal classroom. I could not do that. My inability to be able to stomach such muck in a classroom cost me at least one degree.

Good Luck,,,, Long live the craftsman

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
IMO another thing that makes it hard for the average joe to shoot is all of the turds that have to leave places covered with broken glass from all of the bottles they have shot.

No one likes to see that, and it can make a pro gun person not want people shooting on his property.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow - I didn't know educating myself was ruining my country...

And I like my state - I don't want to live anywhere else

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't know I was such a terrible person.
I wonder if I can give my three college degrees back and reform myself.

On the upside you're getting close to your 20 post so you can do what you were wanting to do.

blastsnap

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it's up to me to adjust myself for the conditions. It's not viable or productive to drive 40, 50 or 100 miles plus to go shoot one way. Even if I join a club in the Tulsa area or buy range rights. It's still more driving and or extending already very long work days to shoot during the work week. There is a range very close to my place of work. But the yearly package I would want is $500 bucks a year. That's insane. And there ammo and firearms are way over priced. Then there rifle range is useless.

I need to live the serenity prayer. :)

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a "college kid". I love shooting, hunting, fishing, all that is outdoors. I love this state. Its a little windy but thats because Kansas sucks and Texas blows, but other than that its a great place to live. I am finished with this thread. People who piss and moan and do nothing to fix it are a waste of my and thier own time. If you don't like OKLA, please leave and save us all the trouble. If you want to become an integral part of the shooting community, than do it. There are many places to shoot in Ok, all you have to do is look and ask. Come to the 3 gun competition on the 8th. Its fun, $15 to enter.
I'm out.

WD

454_Casull

Marksman
Reaction score
I guess it's up to me to adjust myself for the conditions. It's not viable or productive to drive 40, 50 or 100 miles plus to go shoot one way. Even if I join a club in the Tulsa area or buy range rights. It's still more driving and or extending already very long work days to shoot during the work week. There is a range very close to my place of work. But the yearly package I would want is $500 bucks a year. That's insane. And there ammo and firearms are way over priced. Then there rifle range is useless.

I need to live the serenity prayer. :)

I am new here, and just ran across this posting. I am a life long OKLAHOMAN, who is very proud of this state, its people, and the 2nd. I have an education from this state with degrees from two state universities, UCO (1st) and ENGINEERING at OU (2nd).
:ou
I take pride in my job and my accomplishments. Forgive me for jumping right in here on my very first post, but I find it a little amusing that you will happily drive to Arkansas to go to work, but you will not drive to Tulsa to shoot. Save your pennies and buy yourself 10 acres somewhere, put up a sheet of plywood with an earth backdrop and start shooting. Then you can go any time you feel like it, and invite us out with you when you get it ready.
:sunbath:

blastsnap

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am new here, and just ran across this posting. I am a life long OKLAHOMAN, who is very proud of this state, its people, and the 2nd. I have an education from this state with degrees from two state universities, UCO (1st) and ENGINEERING at OU (2nd).
:ou
I take pride in my job and my accomplishments. Forgive me for jumping right in here on my very first post, but I find it a little amusing that you will happily drive to Arkansas to go to work, but you will not drive to Tulsa to shoot. Save your pennies and buy yourself 10 acres somewhere, put up a sheet of plywood with an earth backdrop and start shooting. Then you can go any time you feel like it, and invite us out with you when you get it ready.
:sunbath:

I office in Tulsa live in Thugville. The co. I work for rep's products in Ar. and Ok. I've spent a lot of time the last 8 weeks or so in Ar. to address sales, support, warranty work and other engineering issues over paid idiots didn't see, understand or flat to lazy to work through. I'm in the pump, chiller, boiler game. I have a job in Ok were the pumps scream when running. All the college boys stand around blaming the contractor, the pumps, every thing and every body but them selves. The over paid engineers blew the piping and pump sizing. Thus they have cut water and velocity issue's. But,,, they wont admit it. I'm sure the lawyers will be involved before all's said and done. Yet another waste of time, money and energy.

While buying land would be a answer to the problem. I have no desire to live in the country around here. As many have learned in the last few years the land can be lost to State of Fed game management growth. I would much prefer a under ground small range by the house and I have a perfect place to put one in by the house. Just can't seem to get a clear answer form anybody if I can put one in. After all,,, it took my barber almost a year to get a permit to build a new barber shop. But boy o boy can they fast track welfare housing, Indian housing permits or growth and OSU Tech's permits.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I office in Tulsa live in Thugville. The co. I work for rep's products in Ar. and Ok. I've spent a lot of time the last 8 weeks or so in Ar. to address sales, support, warranty work and other engineering issues over paid idiots didn't see, understand or flat to lazy to work through. I'm in the pump, chiller, boiler game. I have a job in Ok were the pumps scream when running. All the college boys stand around blaming the contractor, the pumps, every thing and every body but them selves. The over paid engineers blew the piping and pump sizing. Thus they have cut water and velocity issue's. But,,, they wont admit it. I'm sure the lawyers will be involved before all's said and done. Yet another waste of time, money and energy.

While buying land would be a answer to the problem. I have no desire to live in the country around here. As many have learned in the last few years the land can be lost to State of Fed game management growth. I would much prefer a under ground small range by the house and I have a perfect place to put one in by the house. Just can't seem to get a clear answer form anybody if I can put one in. After all,,, it took my barber almost a year to get a permit to build a new barber shop. But boy o boy can they fast track welfare housing, Indian housing permits or growth and OSU Tech's permits.

Seems you are doing a bit too much of this :cry11: As far as the land take it to court. Might cost ya a little upfront but a jury of 12 will typically be sympathetic to your cause. They can't and don't randomly say oh well I need this piece here because of wildlife. Not how **** works. I'm sure your barber was actively pushing and working on that permit for the shop the whole time too right? IMHO by reading the few posts of yours you seem to be one of those you want everything your way right when you want it, handed to you on a silver platter. If you don't you whine cry blame everyone else, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom