I'm not having fun, shooting in Ok sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Use to be a lot of places to shoot around your area. They must have dried up.

I know around here the FED's have ruined a lot. When the FED's came in and stole land form folks for there water fowl refuge program it was a major blow. I lost land that I deer hunted on and plinked on. A lot of Deep Fork bottom land got sucked up in that land grab also where a lot of folks use to go plinking. Now it's a super max for quackers. And go out and screw around on it you might find your self in a super max for humans. You also use to be able to go out to the old coal strip pits and shoot. Not anymore. The EPA has ruined that or the FED's own it, or it's caught up in 50 year old court case's as to who owns it. It's all off limits now.

Lawyers, politicians and college boys are doing there best to ruin our country hands down.

I am a college graduate and do not reget it a bit. Education is something you cannot take away from me. I made a good career and a good living for 30+ years. I have worked both blue collar and white collar jobs. "College boys" are not ruining our country. ignorance might be....

lameduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a college graduate and do not reget it a bit. Education is something you cannot take away from me. I made a good career and a good living for 30+ years. I have worked both blue collar and white collar jobs. "College boys" are not ruining our country. ignorance might be....

Bingo.

lameduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I office in Tulsa live in Thugville. The co. I work for rep's products in Ar. and Ok. I've spent a lot of time the last 8 weeks or so in Ar. to address sales, support, warranty work and other engineering issues over paid idiots didn't see, understand or flat to lazy to work through. I'm in the pump, chiller, boiler game. I have a job in Ok were the pumps scream when running. All the college boys stand around blaming the contractor, the pumps, every thing and every body but them selves. The over paid engineers blew the piping and pump sizing. Thus they have cut water and velocity issue's. But,,, they wont admit it. I'm sure the lawyers will be involved before all's said and done. Yet another waste of time, money and energy.

While buying land would be a answer to the problem. I have no desire to live in the country around here. As many have learned in the last few years the land can be lost to State of Fed game management growth. I would much prefer a under ground small range by the house and I have a perfect place to put one in by the house. Just can't seem to get a clear answer form anybody if I can put one in. After all,,, it took my barber almost a year to get a permit to build a new barber shop. But boy o boy can they fast track welfare housing, Indian housing permits or growth and OSU Tech's permits.

Well if you are so smart and perfect in every way, why don't you invest in yourself get a mech. eng. degree? That way you will have the credentials to tell people that they are doing things wrong.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blastsnap,

If you want to enjoy your time here, I would suggest you stop putting our state and educated members here down and smile once and awhile. I want to say welcome to OSA and enjoy yourself - but I can't because I don't mean it. I hope you change my mind - soon...

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
lake eufaula rod gun club is 24 bucks a year. the range is located in mcalester.

Chris, Thanks!! I got to this banter to late to throw that out there. Yep we got a pretty decent range, and for the most part, some decent folks there too. You'll find it hard to beat 24.00 a year, 7 days a week/Except when there is a planned shoot , sunup to sundown, lots of pistol points(25yds), 6 benched 50yd rifle/pistol, 6 benched 100yd rifle/pistol both with overhead cover. All you have to do is provide your own target's and a way to put them up. Oh yeah, shotguns/except shooting slugs aren't allowed, but for that same 24.00 you paid gives you use of the shotgun range for skeet, not sure about trap, patterning and where you can shoot your buckshot loads.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I office in Tulsa live in Thugville. The co. I work for rep's products in Ar. and Ok. I've spent a lot of time the last 8 weeks or so in Ar. to address sales, support, warranty work and other engineering issues over paid idiots didn't see, understand or flat to lazy to work through. I'm in the pump, chiller, boiler game. I have a job in Ok were the pumps scream when running. All the college boys stand around blaming the contractor, the pumps, every thing and every body but them selves. The over paid engineers blew the piping and pump sizing. Thus they have cut water and velocity issue's. But,,, they wont admit it. I'm sure the lawyers will be involved before all's said and done. Yet another waste of time, money and energy.

While buying land would be a answer to the problem. I have no desire to live in the country around here. As many have learned in the last few years the land can be lost to State of Fed game management growth. I would much prefer a under ground small range by the house and I have a perfect place to put one in by the house. Just can't seem to get a clear answer form anybody if I can put one in. After all,,, it took my barber almost a year to get a permit to build a new barber shop. But boy o boy can they fast track welfare housing, Indian housing permits or growth and OSU Tech's permits.

You know, you can only Pi$$ so far up that rope of yours before you get on yourself!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have some Midol I am not using ... maybe that would help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom