I'm Running For President

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ZombieHunter said:
I sure hope you have a couple hundred million in campaign financing, dont have that, no dice. No common man will ever be president of the USA ever again, unless taken by force.

Yep, you are correct sir. This is why I am for overhauling campaign finance. It shouldn't take an uber elite and a couple hundred million to run.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2. Mandatory recusal for any public servant on issues with potential conflict of interest even if it means not voting on an issue.

How many degrees are considered potential conflict of interest?

For example, in some jurisdictions it's only personal and spousal. Others it expands to parents and children. Others go as far as first cousins.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as we're chopping big chunks out of the Constitution, why not eleminate the Senate all together? It's the least democratic of our institutions. Why not just have one legislative body like every other representative democracy on earth?

Some would say repeal the 17th Amendment to supposedly return the Senate to being a body of State Appointees. But history shows that the majority of states "appointed" their Senators by a popular vote of the people prior to the introduction of the 17th Amendment, which is why it was so readily ratified.

Latest posts

Top Bottom