In honor of being a Dinosaur

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So after Tuesday. I realized that as a white male, over 50, with certain skill sets. I am an endangered species. I am not sure where I fit in this country. I have tried to understand a Obama voter. But, alas I don't get it. I have always worked hard on the ranch. Always had
extra jobs in town. Missed sleep as a Emt. Gave a lot of money to the food bank. The church. Stuck up for the downtrodden. But, somehow I
and people like me are viewed as the problem or somehow evil. Got of facebook, time to circle the wagons, keep a low profile. Not, sure what
to do yet? But, as a start. I ditched the Smartphone. And got a flip phone from Wal-Mart. So freeing. Later.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So after Tuesday. I realized that as a white male, over 50, with certain skill sets. I am an endangered species. I am not sure where I fit in this country. I have tried to understand a Obama voter. But, alas I don't get it. I have always worked hard on the ranch. Always had
extra jobs in town. Missed sleep as a Emt. Gave a lot of money to the food bank. The church. Stuck up for the downtrodden. But, somehow I
and people like me are viewed as the problem or somehow evil. Got of facebook, time to circle the wagons, keep a low profile. Not, sure what
to do yet? But, as a start. I ditched the Smartphone. And got a flip phone from Wal-Mart. So freeing. Later.

I did the same thing, deleted my facebook. I don't think I could give up the smartphone though, too handy to have a gps and camera every where I go (I have a little one, you never know when they're going to do something hilarious). That being said, I have no real need for a data plan, so I think I'm going to break contract and switch to the $30 plan from straight-talk.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have been over 50 for sometime and I am thankful I am NOW. Phones? I have a regular cell phone, but don't text, etc. It is a phone, it has the option crap to do it, but if I need that data quickly and I am out in the field, I call someone with a computer, etc. Just glad I am older, getting tired of all the weak mealy mouthed politics and lobbyists, and overpaid over employeed gov't employees in DC. Sorry my nerves have not been dulled by the wine YET, I will keep working on that.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are not alone in Dinosaur-land. I know that the "system" will continue to grind on like the earth's techtonic plates. Guess I'm glad that most of today's "youngsters" think of me as a useless old woman. It helps hide my secret identity. LOL

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are not alone in Dinosaur-land. I know that the "system" will continue to grind on like the earth's techtonic plates. Guess I'm glad that most of today's "youngsters" think of me as a useless old woman. It helps hide my secret identity. LOL

Good to see you up dear, maybe you, Patti and I can have lunch? Just a thought, call or pm Patti. Thanks, dear.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, but bros. We saw some days, didn't we? Elementary school where they told us to hide under our desks if an atom bomb went off nearby. Miranda. Civil rights. Hippies. LSD was legal. Vietnam. Protests. The cultural revolution. Disco.

It's been a wild ride.

Latest posts

Top Bottom