In Search of Range Buddy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillShot

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm living in Tulsa and would like to find someone to accompany me to the Happy Hollow gun range on occasion. I have an AR-10 (.308) and would like to go a couple Saturdays each month. If anyone is interested, reply within this topic. Thanks in advance!

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be up to try it out once or twice, i'm about 40 mi. east of tulsa, but will be unavaiable until after deer season.

How do you like the AR10? I have a LR-308 and I love it, just pricey to shoot and havnt got around to getting a mess of FMJ bullets to load up

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go out there a couple of times a month to test out guns that I have worked on, Nice to have someone to go with.

I am in a cast for 2 more weeks so not able to do sleepy hollow till after recovery but give me a call when you do go.

Donald
918-261-7917

KillShot

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would be up to try it out once or twice, i'm about 40 mi. east of tulsa, but will be unavaiable until after deer season.

How do you like the AR10? I have a LR-308 and I love it, just pricey to shoot and havnt got around to getting a mess of FMJ bullets to load up

I absolutely LOVE my AR_10. As for being pricey, it's not too bad if you get your ammo from Dong's in Tulsa. They carry the PMC 147gr for $12/box and they're a Hornady dealer so I've been getting Hornady TAP 168gr BTHP for $25/box. I use the PMC for plinking and the TAP for grouping.

Might be interested, I'm in BA, and have several things I like to shoot.

That would be great. I know everyone is pretty much tied up for the next week or so due to the holidays but after that, we have a couple weeks when we could meet at the range.

I go out there a couple of times a month to test out guns that I have worked on, Nice to have someone to go with.

I am in a cast for 2 more weeks so not able to do sleepy hollow till after recovery but give me a call when you do go.

Donald
918-261-7917

Wow, Don, sucks about the broken arm. I was in grade school when I broke mine and it wasn't any fun. I would definitely be interested in meeting at the range when you've healed up a bit.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're shooting at least once a month it's cheaper to just join Red Castle. Not only that, but the facilities are nicer and you can shoot more than once every 3 seconds.

KillShot

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I've not been to Red Castle and I'd be interested in checking it out but I'm not crazy about dropping $270 for range dues. Call me cheap but, that's just nuts. :screwy:

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I've not been to Red Castle but I'm not crazy about dropping $270 for range dues, either. Call me cheap but, that's just nuts. :screwy:

It's $120/year after paying the $150 initiation fee your first year. It's like $85/year if you're a NRA member. Paying $10 a trip to HH is more expensive for as often as you shoot.

E: Twice a month every month is $240/year. You're already looking at paying first-year dues at RC, just spread out over time instead of all at once.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, you've got a point. Where is it located? According to Google Maps, it seems to be in the middle of Tulsa. :uhwhat:

Is that correct?

Their indoor range is at 11th and Zunis or something. It's not quite finished yet. I think the offices are there too.

The actual range is on Zink Ranch. Here's a Google Maps link.

I have no problem being someone's RC range buddy. I'm going out of town in a week but when I get back I need to try out some of my new FC lead 9mm loads (thanks J&K!).

Latest posts

Top Bottom